I can't get any wired connection to work on my xbox

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Australia/Qld
Modem brand & model number: Bigpond
Router brand & model number: Dlink
Network Connection Type: Wired
Things you have tried: Everything on xbox.com/networkhelp
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes (i think)
Any Error Codes you encounter: Won't detect any wired connection at all, doesn't even detect whether their is a ethernet cord plugged in
What type of internet do you have? DSL
Who is your ISP? IInet

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hello, did you have any sort of power surge or anything of that sort. If the XBOX 360 isn't detecting that there is an Ethernet cable plugged in try another Ethernet cord first and try to connect it directly to your modem to make sure that it's not your router and it's not a bad Ethernet cord, you may also want to try to reset the network by going to My XBOX > System Settings > Network Settings > Configure Network > Restore Factory Defaults. If it's neither of those and the XBOX 360 still doesn't detect your wired connection then there's two things you can do. One would be to try to use a wireless adapter (or the built in if you have an XBOX 360 S) or send in your XBOX 360 for repair. You'll need to contact XBOX Support for your region or use http://myservice.xbox.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay really appreciate how fast you replied. I have tried everything you have said. Accept Wireless adapter and also sending it to get repaired. I will give the wireless adapter ago when i can afford to buy one, atm i guess i'm just going to have to wait. Also the weird thing is my Xbox worked fine before when it was on my sisters network, then when i get it back it is just *** so idk.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I know this issue happened just recently with folks on the East Coast getting hit by the hurricane with huge thunder storms and power surges. Power surges can even go through Ethernet cables which seems quite weird but totally possible. But try that out when you can and get back to us.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is doing the same thing but i havent had any power surges recently but a guy was smacking me offline yesterday

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, murpharana! If you need assistance can you please create a new thread for us? This will allow us to get the troubleshooting process started.

In addition, if you are referring to a DDoS Attack, I would encourage you to read and carry out the steps listed in this support article titled "Denial of service (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks: Frequently asked questions."

Thank you in advance! :)

Sorry this didn't help.