I can't connect to xbox live

So lately I've been having some problems with my xbox live account. I'll press the silver guide button on the controller and press on connect to xbox live. When prompted to put in my email and password, I will do so but it tells me that my email address and password does not work and will give me the error status code 8015D002, which means my password is wrong. Now I know for a fact that my password is completely correct because I can log onto microsoft.com and xbox.com perfectly without any trouble. Can someone please tell me how to fix this. Oh and I've already tried almost everything  could find to fix this and I am currently waiting on a phone call back from xbox support.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

G'day SettlingSinger9! The Gamertag you're posting with here appears to be a fresh profile - Generic name, Free membership, no Gamerscore, etc. Is this the same account that you're using to log in on your console?

If it is, then you may have the incorrect email address when trying to log in on the console. Is the email field already filled in when you are prompted to sign in on the console? And if so, is that the same email you used to log in here or do you use a different email than what's already filled in?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.