I can't connect to xbox live with my profile!? MY uncle's works but mine doesn't!?

I have 3 xbox's in my house and my profile won't work on any of them. Everytime I try and connect it says I dont have connection to xbox live, test your connection. So I do! I connect with everything until I hit the xbox live connection bar. It takes forever and then fails. I figured maybe its the "router and modem" but no..my uncle's profile works just fine on his xbox downstairs. So i said hey!! can I try my profile down here, he said yea, no problem. I signed in and it froze the xbox....I need help because I don't know what to do. My uncle is a Microsoft employee and he believes it's the Xbox live that isn't working and not our modem and router. I believe him because his PROFILE WORKS!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 505 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

He is correct.  I was having the same issue with my profile.  After reading several posts, I saw one that made sense, which is "re-download your profile", so I deleted my profile and redownloaded and instantly connected to XBox Live.

After doing that, he attempted it on the XBox in another location with his profile.  It did not work.

He came to the system I was using (Star Wars Special Edition XBox), I signed off my profile and we deleted his and attempted a redownload.  

It did not work, and my account can no longer access XBox Live.

This is not a modem/router issue, and to be honest, "connecting my XBox directly to my ISP modem" is not an option.  I don't know how it could be in ANY one's house.

Support needs to figure out what was on the latest patch/update to the systems that are killing the system.  This is beyond one or two games disconnecting, the underlying root cause is SOMETHING is wrong with XBox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings Sauce!

When you signed in with your profile on your uncle's console, did you do this by download your profile from LIVE or did you move your profile with a USB?

Try this solution and let us know if you were helped by this.

Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Follow these steps:

1. Visit Microsoft account.  If you forgot your password or it doesn’t work, reset your password.
  2. Click Edit security info.
  3. Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.
  4. Sign out of your Microsoft account.
  5. Turn on your console and sign out of your profile, and download your profile.
  6. Clear your Xbox system cache.
  7. Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im having the exact same problem.  I cannt create my own xbox live account.  My hotnail email signs in no problem i even created an account online using the same wifi network on my cell phone.  I can do a bing search on the xbox so internet is fine tge xbox just wont let me sign in.   I followed all the ts steps nothing helped

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings HumidPrawn!

Do you get an error code or a message when you try sign in with your profile? If you created your profile online (www.xbox.com) then you have to download your profile from LIVE onto your console. Here's how!

Sorry this didn't help.

HumidPrawn667, these forums work best when you create a new thread with a first post of your own, as the original poster's problem and solution, although similar, could be very different in detail. It's great that you're researching here, but the quickest path to a solution is your own new thread, over in the forum for Account issues, Forum 03, http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Taidara,

He attempted to download his profile after removing it.

I could not connect to XBox Live either, so I deleted my profile and downloaded it again.

He attempted to do the same thing, it locked up the XBox, requiring a hard reboot, and now it does not connect.

Stop giving scripted responses.  The forums are full of people who are having issues with connecting.  It's not their modems, or their ISP, or their DNS, or the way they pulled their profiles.  It's something with the most recent update to XBox Live that has completely jacked up the service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings ddgith!

Are you the "uncle"? Still, your post do not completely answer the suggestions that i've made. I've said nothing about any premises equipment (CSU/DSU) or a router, so please, try stay on topic.

I would recommend that you reach out to an official support agent which then can confirm if there is a problem with his Microsoft account. Hopefully he will be back up and running in no time.

Contact Xbox LIVE

Good luck! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not the "uncle", I am his uncle, and the reason I mentioned the equipment is because you were already providing scripted responses (e.g. clear the system cache).

It is not his account, it is something with Xbox Live, as I can no longer access Xbox Live from my consoles which had zero problems the week before.

I actually apologize, as your response came across as you were someone that was responsible for providing legitimate answers for solutions, but I understand that this is not the case now.  So, these support forums are nothing more than places for people who believe they know how to resolve issues to post.

When you have thousands of people posting about issues connecting to a service, it's not the individual, it's the service.  That's just simple troubleshooting.

Sorry this didn't help.

You do realize Taidara is a volunteer, right?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright guys, lets get this post back on topic, or I shall lock it. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.