I can't change my email linked to my gamer tag HELP!

I need to change the email linked to my gamer tag.  I originally used an old hotmail account that I do not want to use anymore.  I have tried contacting chat support and they were not able to help.  I tried calling phone support.  I was on the phone today for an hour and 20 minutes and they were not able to help me and the phone call ended by them hanging up on me.  I found the instructions online and flowed them to a T.  I went to account security on my console and followed all the steps, everything goes fine except I get the error "sorry we can't change your account right now".  All my research on the Internet says that you get this error if you try to change it less than 30 days after the last change.  This is my original email that I have used for 2 years and have never changed it.

I have tried to change this on my console every night for the last 10 days.  I always get the same error.  I have $1.20 on my existing account that I don't care if I lose.  How can I get this issue escalated? Is there anything else that could be wrong that I need to change to get this to work?  Is there anyway to change this from a PC or does this have to be done on a console?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can change it on the PC. If you go to account.live.com and sign in using your account information that you use on the console, go to account aliases and then you can update it using one that you use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi!

If you simply want to change just the email address, there is no payment for it. Unless you change the gamertag.

Make sure that the email address you want to use is not linked with a gamertag. Otherwise, it will give you an error.

By the way, it is vital that if you use a new email address to your gamertag, you do not use it to log in to Xbox.com. Because you will automatically be given a free gamertag and will have to wait 30 days before you can swap it to your old email (after downloading both email address to the console).

And if you want to use the NEW EMAIL address that has a gamertag linked to it, you will be doing a MICROSOFT ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG SWAP. This is a lengthy process and you can only do this on the console., you need to first download both gamertags on the console, wait 30 days (do not delete the gamertag or redownload from the console). Let both gamertags sit in for more than 30 days. Then follow this instruction:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

By the way, you might want to register the email first as a Microsoft account before you can link it to your gamertag (for domains @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc).

Remember: if you do not intend to have a gamertag attached to your email address DO NOT log in to Xbox.com using that email. Because that email will be given a free gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.