I can't beleive I paid $500 + for all these headaches

I wish I had never spent the *** money I am so pissed right now.....what is the point of playing games that wont save.....I hooked my game up gently and properly from the start wired it properly and now it doesn't work and Microsoft tries to come up with some BS explanation that I must have done something wrong??? You gotta be kidding me...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey LJS2011!

-

Sorry to hear about your problems. Please let us know what game(s) you're talking about and maybe we can steer you in the right direction!

-

As far as i know Battlefield 4 was the major culprit of deleting save games during campaign but Dice has said they have patched this already and perhaps your XB1 hasn't received the correct patches yet?

-

Almost every game released this past week received a system update - are you seeing apps update on your dashboard?  You can say "Xbos show notifications" or click on the notification icon and see if app updates are listed there (they won't say achievement or anything, just an icon in the timeline)

-

Other then that, if its just something odd - i'd recommend a full power cycle just to make sure a crashed game isn't causing the problem to begin with.  Power your xbox one off by holding your finger on the power button for 8-10 seconds, wait 30 seconds, power back on and try again.

-

This console launch has certainly had its share of growing pains on all platforms, but they're working quickly to address bugs. I wish it was better, but at the same time, i'm loving every moment of the games i got!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Join the club. The XBox One is by far the most rushed console ever. Its so incomplete that it not only lacks common features like being able to check memory or controller batter life, but its loaded with countless technical issues as well. From bad disk drives, to deleted save files and dashboard booting, the system is a mess at best. I can't believe MS released such an incomplete system. Not that the PS4 was flawless, but at least it doesn't have nearly as many issues as this. Im seriously regretting buying an XBox One over PS4. I could have saved myself $100 on PS4 as well. Seriously, this would have never been an issue if MS listened to their fan base instead of announcing a product loaded with draconian DRM. Then they do a last minute quick fix once they realize they lost 99% of their fanbase and expect there to be no issues. If MS was smart they would have delayed the system another 6-8 months to iron out its issues. Then they should released it at a $375 price point and sold the useless Kinect (AKA NSA spyware device) separate.  The thing is useless. Yes I did enjoy the original Kinect, but MS had a much clearer vision with where they wanted to go with it and supported it with games. Now its just a tack on device with shoddy voice recognition. Does anyone seriously want to sit there screaming at their XBox in hopes that it will understand them? Its far faster and easier to just press a button.

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't blame them for switching due to DRM - blame yourself and others that didn't understand that downloads are the way of the future and DRM is the only way to make it work.  Its really too bad as Microsoft was planning for the future.  The good news is that we can still download and have on multiple Xbox One's, but there were other benefits that we're removed.

Even with all that, I haven't found the issues to be so bad it's affected my enjoyment.  I did lose BF4 save so I just stopped playing the campaign - I wasn't playing it all that much anyway.  Otherwise, its been working quite well - haven't had any drops to the home screen either in a long while.

I do agree they left out a lot, but I think a lot of it isn't major at this point and will be added in the coming months.

Sorry this didn't help.