I can't activate my Xbox 360 Live Gold Account

Dear Xbox Supoort Team,

I wanted to activate my Xbox Live Gold for the first time, but I am not able. Either per Xbox, nor per Computer. Console and PC says there is a problem and I should contact you. Could you plese tell me, why I cant use my Xbox Live Gold Code?

I got a Error Code, which maybe could help you: Xbos-0x801613C97f265f5c-992d-4bb6-a1e8-fa314a2e280b

Best regards

Kevin Koerfer

Question Info

Last updated July 29, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:
Answer

Here's the info i found on the support page:

Error code 801613c9 occurs when you try to redeem a prepaid code on Xbox Live
Overview

If you see error code 801613c9 when you try to redeem a prepaid code on Xbox Live, that prepaid code has already been redeemed.

Read this page to learn about error 801613c9 and what you can do about it.

On this page
Topics
Error code and message
Problem
Solutions
Error code and message

Error code 801613c9 contains the following message:

Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later. Status code: 801613c9

Problem

If you get this message and error code, it means that the prepaid code that you’re trying to redeem on Xbox Live has already been redeemed. A problem with your connection to Xbox Live may have prevented you from receiving confirmation when you initially redeemed the code.

Solutions

To confirm that your prepaid code was successfully redeemed, try the following solution.

Solution 1: Check your connectivity to Xbox Live and confirm that your prepaid code was successfully redeemed

First, check your connectivity to Xbox Live. Here’s how:

1. On your controller, press the Guide button, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Network (or your wireless network name, if you are prompted to do so).
  4. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.

Next, confirm that your prepaid code was successfully redeemed on your Xbox Live profile. Here’s how:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
  2. Go to Settings and select Account

Select Download History. Browse your download history. If the prepaid code you redeemed isn’t associated with your Xbox Live profile, delete and re-download your profile. Here’s how:

Delete your Xbox Live profile:

1. Go to Settings and select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.
    5. Select the Xbox Live profile that you want to delete.
    6. Select Delete, and then select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Download your Xbox Live profile:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Select Download Profile.
    3. Enter the Microsoft account information that’s associated with your Xbox Live profile. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Questions about a Microsoft account or gamertag. Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the parent’s Microsoft account is required to download the profile. 
    4. Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).
    5. Your profile will begin downloading. When the download is complete, you can choose whether or not to require your Microsoft account password to sign in to your profile.

Remember Password option

The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your Xbox Live profile. Leave the Remember Password option unselected (off) if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile on this console.

Note If you’re downloading your profile to your own console, you can select the Remember Password option so that you aren’t prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile.

If you still experience the problem, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Contact support

If you’re still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.