I can't accept the new terms of use - parent account needed

I was asked to accept the new terms of use in order to sign into xbox live, and I was prompted to enter the "parent account" email and password. This parent account was made years ago, and it's not possible for me to enter the information now. I can't for the life of me remember what the password was, though I was able to access the old email (which was made solely for the xbox account). What do I do now?

This doesn't seem fair, and it's extremely annoying as I already tried to "recover" the account by submitting a form but apparently I didn't supply enough information and was denied. I also tried changing the password which seemed to work but when I tried to enter it into the xbox it said the password was invalid. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello LIVINonaPRAY3R- sorry to be hearing the troubles.

To solve this issue you need to update your security information for e.g your favourite food, your pets name. this is required, you also need a second email and phone number for security reasons. After this you need to do the two-step-verification. you may need this for a app password, the app password is only for the Xbox, not your email. just make sure when you make the app password you REMEMBER IT on your console, therefore it is easir to just sign in. If these do not work. let me know and i will try further to help you

Bulletkoalo.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to add to what i said- you might need to change your Xbox age setting and safety information, this could be one of the reasons you need a parent email. Hope this helps as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.