I can sort of connect my xbox 360 my monitor

So here's the deal.  I have a monitor that has VGA (I don't use), DVI, and HDMI. My computer is currently plugged into my monitor via DVI and my Xbox 360 is also plugged into my computer via HDMI. My monitor connects to my PC first, but when I try to switch to my HDMI port (My xbox) the screen goes black for about 5 seconds then switches back to my DVI port. Now, I know its not the HDMI cable because if I turn off my computer, it switches to my HDMI port and then I can see my xbox. And when I turn on my computer, my monitor still stays on HDMI but when I switch the DVI, it works but I can't switch it back to HDMI because it goes black for a few seconds like I said earlier. 

Now I did figure out the problem but its not a resolution. On the back of my xbox contains my HDMI Cable running to my monitor and my audio video cable is also plugged in. The AV cable is plugged into my xbox to my turtle beaches red a white holes but they are connected to nothing. But, with the red and white ports, they give off audio because there is a green audio jack that comes from it, and I hook up my speakers to it. So if I unplug my AV cable from the back of my xbox, I can switch my monitor to my HDMI port(Xbox 360) but then my Xbox has no sound.

Im sorry if you find trouble trying to understand what I'm trying to say

Please if you guys can find a resolution. It could really help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You need the thin AV audio adapter that comes with the original HDMI AV kit. You can usually find used adapters on eBay or perhaps even at GameStop. The adapter provides left/right audio as well as optical audio while enabling the HDMI port for video.

Devices plugged into the AV port determine what video output the 360 uses. Wedging a regular AV cable with video into the AV port, alongside an HDMi cable, confuses the 360, disabling HDCP. This may be causing the monitor sync issue you're experiencing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.