I can not connecting to Xbox live with my old gamertag

I got old e-mail it would not let me go to Xbox live so I tried to get a new account with my old gamertag but it gave me a new gamertag I do not know want to do

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Trina,

Have you forgotten the password to your old account?  You're going to need another email address to recover your old account. One that isn't currently linked to an Xbox live gamer tag.

Follow the instruction on the next link titled "What to do if you can’t use any of the password reset options"

It will take you to a page https://account.live.com/acsr which enables you to enter a new email address for contact. To recover your account you will need ad much information as possible as per the first link,

Tips for completing the online account recovery form

Provide an alternate email address – make sure you have access to this email address so that we can send your account information to you.

Answer as many questions as you can.

Use the information you provided when you created the account or last updated it.

Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.

Keep in mind that your email address may be country-specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” instead of “hotmail.com.”

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.