I can connect to Xbox Live but am disconnected after 2 minutes!

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Colorado 
Modem brand & model number: 2Wire,  2701HG-D
Router brand & model number: I have no router
Network Connection Type:  wired
Things you have tried: Turning every thing off then on, testing xbox live connection
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: None, when online none, when put offline upon reconnecting none
What type of internet do you have? dont know
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? qwest
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?  there is none, shows no problem

This is a problem I've seen thought out the forums but posted my own exact info.  

When I turn on my Xbox it does login and I can join partys and get into online games, but after 2-5 minutes it will kick me from partys, kick from online matches and when at dashboard it acts like its online but upon selecting friends gamertags for more info it does not load it (exp: 0 gamerscore, no gamer pic, no bio or qoute)  After repeating this process, log on, go to party while at dashboard and be kicked offline after 2 minutes, it allways goes about the same.  All so I checked all files and none seemed to be corrupted, and I had been on line for a few hours when I was suddendly disconnected.

Please help I would rather not have to give up on games :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

there has definitely been something going on... i haven't been kicked off, but my friends have been kicked from my party, and it shows 0 gamerscore and no pics or rep etc for a while before finally loading. it also takes a while to show their avatars as well. I was disconnected the other day, and only upon reseting my router did it reconnect.

Is it possible that a simple fault in the wire could be causing it? I had no luck with a wired connection on my xbox :/

But reading your problems with party disconnection and no rep or score showing for your friends, this has been going on for me just recently too. It kept disconnecting party chat where it tells me that my friends left, but it tells them that i left, and so on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="SmurfThug"]

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Colorado 
Modem brand & model number: 2Wire,  2701HG-D
Router brand & model number: I have no router
Network Connection Type:  wired
Things you have tried: Turning every thing off then on, testing xbox live connection
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? unknown
Any Error Codes you encounter: None, when online none, when put offline upon reconnecting none
What type of internet do you have? dont know
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? qwest
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?  there is none, shows no problem

This is a problem I've seen thought out the forums but posted my own exact info.  

When I turn on my Xbox it does login and I can join partys and get into online games, but after 2-5 minutes it will kick me from partys, kick from online matches and when at dashboard it acts like its online but upon selecting friends gamertags for more info it does not load it (exp: 0 gamerscore, no gamer pic, no bio or qoute)  After repeating this process, log on, go to party while at dashboard and be kicked offline after 2 minutes, it allways goes about the same.  All so I checked all files and none seemed to be corrupted, and I had been on line for a few hours when I was suddendly disconnected.

Please help I would rather not have to give up on games :(

[/quote]

From what I found when I looked up your modem, it's actually a 'Gateway' which is a modem and router combined in one, and it is designed for dsl service.

Unfortunately, there could be any number of causes for your problem.  Could you answer a few more questions?  It may help the community find a solution for you.

How long has this been happening to you?

When did it start?

Have you made any other changes to your network (ie added more devices, upgraded service, changed hardware, etc)?

Are you broadcasting a wireless signal?

If yes, is it encrypted?

(if you are broadcasting a signal and it isn't encrypted anyone in range could be using your connection)

Is there anyone else in your household using the same connection to download files or stream video while you are trying to play?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have the 0 gamerscore issue try going to the memory tab and delete your profile (only the profile), clear the console cache and restart the Xbox

Now recover your profile and try again

Sorry this didn't help.

How long has this been happening to you: since 9/5/11 at 10:30 or like a day

When did it start? 9/5/11

Have you made any other changes to your network (ie added more devices, upgraded service, changed hardware, etc)? No, none that I am aware of, nothing planed and nothing Quest informed me of.

Are you broadcasting a wireless signal? yes

If yes, is it encrypted? yes

Is there anyone else in your household using the same connection to download files or stream video while you are trying to play? No other then this computer, which only I use, and not at the same time as my Xbox.  All so, when the disconnecting happend, this computer was not being used.

It is not a problem of me not having gamerscore, just xbox not loading any info on others becuase of not being connected to xbox live.

I hope this helps resolve this problem!

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried power-cycling your system.  Turn the xbox and gateway off and leave them off for at least 30 seconds.  Turn the gateway back on, and wait for any lights to stop flashing before turning your console back on.

If it's been happening since yesterday, maybe your ISP has something going on at their hub.  If you are comfortable navigating your router configuration page, you can locate your system log and see if your signal is dropping out and reconnecting.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe it was a problem on Quest's side, my computer started having the same kind of problem, couldent stay connected and was very slow, as of 4:00 PM it seemed to have resolved it's issue and Xbox and the internet  on my computer have been working fine.

Thanks for the fast help and effort. :)

Sorry this didn't help.