I bought a 2nd hand console, to find out it's banned...now i'm treated like the criminal by microsoft ???

Microsoft xbox team, can you please un-ban the console i bought???

Anyone know who i contact for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No one. Purchase of used consoles is not recommended. This is one of the reasons why.

Microsoft will not unban a console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so microsoft is punishing me SIMPLY because i did not buy the box from a dealer???  how ridiculous!  Some customer support that is.   Just how was i to know the box was banned when i bought it?  And you believe this is appropriate customer support???  All you have to do is simply "unflag" my system from the database!  if the system.   i REALLY hope microsoft doesn't mind having this conversation tweeted, as i'm SURE many others out there will enjoy knowing how you treat someone who simply bought a box from a private party, just to find out that microsoft doesn't want to treat me as the offended party...and NOT the person who did anything wrong.   come on...what happened to "giving your customer a fair treatment"???  I'm not asking for a new/replacement system....just for you to go into your database and unflag the system i just bought....NOT rocket science here guys.  

Sorry this didn't help.

well  return the box and be done with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="UNIX Dweeb"]so microsoft is punishing me[/quote]No, the person who sold the used box is.[quote]SIMPLY because i did not buy the box from a dealer???[/quote]Dealer? It just has to be a new, unused console.[quote]Just how was i to know the box was banned when i bought it?[/quote]You can't, hence the reason the purchase of a used 360 is not advised.[quote]And you believe this is appropriate customer support???[/quote]Entirely. The 360 is a hardware client to XBOX Live. It is in MS's best interests to keep Live as secure as possible.[quote]All you have to do is simply "unflag" my system from the database![/quote]And they know you're not the one who got the console banned in the first place how, exactly?[quote]i'm SURE many others out there will enjoy knowing how you treat someone who simply bought a box from a private party,[/quote]At seven years into the console's lifespan, this is fairly common knowledge.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, your gripe is with the person that knowingly sold you a console that was banned not Microsoft.

Take the matter up with them, as IceStorm said Microsoft will not reverse the console ban. I do understand your frustration but this situation is not unique, there are many people who have purchased consoles only to find they have been banned because the previous owner has tampered with the console in some way, even buying a used console from a retailer is not totally safe but at least you do have some rights to return the console.

Sorry you had to experience this problem first hand but always remember the old saying "Buyer Beware"

Did you use Ebay or some other site to purchase the console? you may have some grounds to request a refund from them if the console was not advertised as a banned console.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct never buy a console online always go to a gaming store as they are suppose to check them first that they work and most stores will give you a 30 day warranty. Once a console has been banned from xbox live it will not be reversed.

Sorry this didn't help.

wow, great customer support....NOT!

so you are punishing everyone unfortunate enough to have unknowingly bought a banned system.

must be nice not to care about your future customers.  you can be sure i will let everyone i know how microsoft treated me.

off to twitter!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

fntn1, that is a truely stupid statement.   there are millions of units out there, and to expect people not to buy them 2nd hand from private individuals is a truely stupid assumption.   why punish the purchaser?  must be nice to be rich enough to only buy from stores!

Sorry this didn't help.

Once modded the console can't be unmodded, you'll always be able to make it play copied games.

-

Given that it would be unwise for Microsoft to unban consoles just because they've been sold on. What would stop people from 'selling' a console to a friend in order to get it unbanned and then 'buying' it back.

Sorry this didn't help.

how about they unban it so i can actually verify the console is still modded?   if the console is still modded, the scheme that banned it in the first place will find it and ban it again.   i have NO problem w/that.

Sorry this didn't help.