I applied for it but?

Hey, i submited a application to become an ambassador. It said it woudld take 3-5 business days. This is the 5th day and ive still not received an e-mail?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sure there were many applications in the past week because the program is being revised right now. Users that are inactive for a while are being removed. Just make sure that you're in it for the program and not just a badge.

and what did it 'use' to mean in comparison to now? I will admit that I've seen a few newer ambassadors giving wrong information and making comments you wouldn't expect to see, which does put a down side to it, but the good ambassadors stand out in my opinion and I respect them for that as they're just doing what they love.

-

Putting a status on it saying it means less now then before is as bad as being an ambassador just for the icon because your looking at a status symbol not as a way to identify the helpful people of the forums. To me it just means they're a gamer who will go a little further our of their way to help.

Thats the truth. I remember when it meant something if you were an ambassador...

I remember a few years ago it took me 7 1/2 months to finally get accepted. And not everyone was an Ambassador back then.

Some "Ambassador's" need to be educated. Some of the posts (by some) I have read have been written as if they are 14 year-olds who don't have a clue. There are some very good Ambassadors, but too few.

I would like to see the Moderators more involved, as they were at one time, and maybe a little less Ambassador input.

Some of these forums have really gone downhill, with "sexual inuendos", off-color/off-topic remarks, harrassing the poster, etc. which should be handled better. I have noticed alot of the "old timers" rarely post anymore. And they were the ones that followed the rules and gave very good advice.

It would also depend on an Ambassador position being available at the time of applying... There would be soo many applications to become an Ambassador too... If you are really interested, Be Patient for a reply etc...

Sometimes, that badge gives people a BIG head about themselves too...  

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

Ambassadors are a joke now.

[/quote]

Not so much a joke but by Ambassador they mean 'Microsoft Defence Force and @-*# all users'

[quote user="Obsessive Power"]

[quote user="Templar Boe"]

Which they shouldn't do because the forum CoC in enforced by volunteers who get it wrong quite often.[/quote]

Only official Microsoft employees can remove you from the Ambassador system, the forum mods have no control over that aspect.

[/quote]

Mis-quoting is a form of trolling, another example here. 

[quote user="Piped Winner"]@lost...considering I don't have a Xbox yet and just started posting on the forums, that might clear things up about myself[/quote]

according to your first post,you have been here over 2 years.

[quote user="Piped Winner"] I also see that new people who post and disagree with established people aren't welcome. [/quote]

fake silver accounts tend to be less welcome than genuine new users as there is a good chance they are ban dodging.

[quote user="Piped Winner"]

@lost...considering I don't have a Xbox yet and just started posting on the forums, that might clear things up about myself.  But I have been here reading what people say and my opinion about the ambassador program is that it's weak, where it was once strong.  I also see that new people who post and disagree with established people aren't welcome.  And I've read a lot have left for several reasons and lack any hospitality is way up there.  So, this isn't the place for me.

[/quote]

I don't think so. Everyone is welcome. I always say we need more people. It's just some people who post here all the time like to make silver accounts to troll the forums because they are afraid to use their regular accounts. If you see a forum regular arguing with a silver account that has no gs or any posts, than people generally would side with the regular. I'm not talking about you because it's not always the case with silvers. Trolls are annoying, but they have every right to be here too.

A lot of people have left, but I would say the majority of them left after the forum change. They aren't user friendly now and there are glitches all the time. Lots of people leave lots of different forums for different reasons. It's not like they just leave here.

The ambassador program is still good. They seem to give more people a chance which is good. The more help the better. The problem is, like others have said in this thread already is that people just like the little icon that comes with it. I couldn't care less if I have the badge or not, but I do like having the ability to help people over messenger. I have had lots of people that I have answered their questions and made them happy. It's nice when people say "thank you so much, I appreciate it" etc etc. The ambassador program is still a good tool for people to use when they need assistance rather quickly.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!