I am trying my hardest to support the Microsoft Xbox One.

You read the title right. I am trying...that is all I can do. I've had my Xbox for a little over a year now and things were fine until it's warranty ran out. Right after it was up it was like this One decided to become all faulty and a piece of crap. The Disk reader started to not pick up my games and when it did, it began to make a horrible noise that sounded like it was trying to demolish my games. I called Tech Support and the bull crap "unplug your Xbox power cord into a wall plug instead of a surge protector" is Their way of saying "We *** up the system so let's make up some crap to show that we are "trying"". Now, I got a Ethernet port problem where it does not even pick up the signal stating it is connected or not. I'm sorry for showing my anger on a post but I've tried to stand up for the Xbox One for MONTHS saying its a great console but I'm left with this crap and horrible troubleshooting ideas. Seriously, I bet a monkey made those ideas and I'm not even laughing. If there is a way I can get some help/knowledge on what I'm suppose to do in this situation without the previous Troubleshooting scenarios, then I will be one happy customer. Til then, you guys messed up. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Seems to be consistent with my experience with the exception of the Ethernet issue. Interestingly I posted my concern/grievance shortly before yours. What sucks is being left with the choice of wasting any games you have purchased because you can no longer play them or spending the money on another console. Probably not the best strategy to boost console sales.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am going through this with my Day One right now too.  I began experiencing that my XboxOne would not read game discs in February 2015 (just shortly after the warranty expired...), but did not report it as it would work some times, but not others.  Now it fairly consistently will not read game discs.

Clearing the Persistent Storage did not work.  Doing a hard restart did not work.

I just got off the phone with Xbox Services.  My two options are to either pay $135 to set up a service request by phone or to pay $115 to set up a service request by going online to set it up.  

I am more than annoyed with Microsoft at this point.  I am mad.

I have been a customer since 2003.  I paid $500+ for the system itself.  I pay a yearly Xbox Live subscription when it now feels down more often than it is up on the weekends when I attempt to log on.  I spend hundreds of dollars per year on games on Xbox Market Place movie rentals (should we even begin to discuss the Master Chief Collection debacle?).  

Now they want $135 to fix a defective disc reader, a problem which they began recognizing was prevalent immediately after launch ("disc drive of death")?  Why should I bother?  So I can pay them another $135 in a year when the new disc reader fails too?  This is insult to injury and I am done.

Isn't interesting that the system that did not want a disc drive to begin with (so that they could force you to download games off their market place) is now seeing disc drive failures juuuuust outside the warranty.  Even more interestingly, the read issues are primarily game related, not Blu Ray or DVD related.  

When I experienced the Red Ring of Death with the Xbox360, I was impressed by how responsive Microsoft was, fixing the system quickly and free of charge.  Not anymore.  

If someone at Microsoft is willing to look up my account and fix my counsel, I would consider staying.  If not, I am done.  I'm out.  I will cancel my Xbox Live account by the end of the week and sell the system within the month.  Maybe I will get a PS4.  Maybe I won't.  What I do know is that I will be wiping my hands clean of Microsoft unless they step up now to save a customer who has been loyal for over a decade.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there The Judgement while i'm sorry your experiencing these problems with xbox one, bragging how long you've been with xbox doesnt really apply your no better than the new guy playing on a xbox console. If you think Playstation 4 has everything figured out they dont, but if thats where you want to do just know this the grass isnt always greener on the otherside.

Sorry this didn't help.

If what you took away was that I was "bragging", then you missed the point.  Microsoft is messing up.  It is becoming obvious they ship their consoles with known defects and now they are refusing to fix it.  

I didn't say I was getting a Playstation 4; I expressly stated that I did not know whether I would.  All I do know is, after 11 years, I've had enough.  So, I am asking one last time for Microsoft to fix the problem or I am going to hit them the only way I have left:  stop giving them my money.

Also, you are fundamentally wrong about me being more or less valuable than someone who just picked up the console.  I have provided Microsoft a steady flow of income for more than a decade.  Profitable business models require developing and maintaining long-term, loyal customers.  It costs considerably more to get a new customer than it would just to maintain the relationship I have with Microsoft now.  

Sorry this didn't help.