I am so worried because I don't know what will happen to my Xbox Live-account!

Okay, the situation is this:

I saw a video on youtube saying that you could change your GT for free, so I went off and tried it.

It said that you should 'File Complaint' the Gamertag of the guy that wants a different GT.

So I did it with ONE SINGLE account over 40 times on the one I wanted to try it (the account is called Q3 Revize).

And then I read the comments below and they said, it will get you banned. And I got so mad and now I'm really worried about my account. I knew it was wrong to try and trick XBL for money, but I couldn't believe it so I tried it out myself, wich was a big mistake!

I'm so sorry! Please could someone tell me what will happen if you 'File Complaint' 40 times a account with the same account over and over again.

I was stupid, but if I will get banned, then I will probably quit xbox, and I will force someone to change it! Because if that really gets you banned, then actually every guy that dislikes you could get you banned like that.

Please reply and help me!!!

- Andi

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The information you saw on that Youtube video was 100% WRONG.  Every single part of it is incorrect.  The ONLY TIME that Xbox will force you to change your gamertag because of complaints is when that gamertag is offensive.  'Q3 Revize' is NOT offensive, so that mean you WILL NOT be given a chance to change the name for free.  

It doesn't matter if you file 1 complaint, 40 complaints, or 40,000 complaints, the person who reads those complaints,(and yes, it is A REAL LIFE breathing human being, not an automated system like the people who gave you that information would lead you to believe) will see that the gamertag 'Q3 Revize' is not offensive, and they will ignore all of the complaints.

Short story:  If your gamertag is not offensive, you WILL NOT be forced to change it, meaning you will not be subject to a ban.

BTW, that comment that said you can be banned for too many forced name changes is kinda right, but that is ONLY for people who REPEATED create offensive gamertags, not someone like yourself.  

Don't Worry. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just another side-note.  If you do want to change your gamertag name, you should wait until next week.  From August 2nd-August 8th the price for a name change will be discounted from 800MSP to 560MSP.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should also be aware that filing false complaints will get you into trouble as well. It is considered abuse of the system.

Sorry this didn't help.