I am so fed up with xbox support

You will love this story. I have the emails as well as the proof. So I bought a xbox one day one edition. After 24 hours, my day one edition controller stopped working. I contacted xbox support and was told to send in the controller for repairs. I would only get replacement / repaired controller after they received my controller. I didn’t mind that. I mean I could of been lying and wanted a second day one edition controller for free. So I get instructions on how to send the controller in and the service request number. I used UPS to send my controller to xbox repair. I was told, by UPS,that my package would be received and signed for on a specific date. I checked the tracking number a day after the quoted date and it was received and signed for as promised. I contact xbox support and I am told that it would take 5-10 days to receive my replacement and that I would get an email when it leaves the warehouse. After 10 business days, I decided to check on the service request order on myservice . Xbox . Com On the site, it shows that my service request was canceled Upon chatting with 4 different support reps, I am told that they never received the package and my order was canceled because it exceeded the 30 days. I gave them the tracking number and it proves that I sent in the xbox controller and it was received and signed for. This was 3 months ago. I have still not gotten my controller back or a replacement controller. My case was escalated to the advocacy team and it took them a month to contact me. Now I am told that they have been out of stock of day one controllers and are awaiting new controllers. That that is the reason behind the 3 month wait. Now am I supposed to believe that a company as big as microsoft/Xbox would run out of controllers for 3 months? Better yet, my brother who is in the navy and stationed in japan bought a broken xbox one from xbox . Com themselves and a 3 year warranty service on it. After he received it, he contacted microsoft support and asked for a replacement or a repair. They sent him a brown box with a pre paid label. He sent the Xbox one and now on his service request order, it shows that it had been canceled. Xbox support is claiming that they did not receive it. That they did not cancel it themselves. The problem is that his tracking number receipt was thrown out during inspections because his entire squadron had to clean out the one room that 20 of his fellow navy people share. He cannot get his tracking number from the usps because they cannot go back and get it thru the system. If anyone has any advice or suggestions for my brother to receive his console back or how he can go about trying to talk to the idiots at xbox support or any help for myself on how I can get thru to these idiots about my controller, Please contact me @[Mod Removed]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...I did..but they kept my console for 3 weeks and never called me once on my issues I was having, just sent it back saying they couldnt find anything...duh, you probably didnt try using the digital surround sound on your surround sound receiver via the digital optical port...of course testing only the hdmi revealed no problems.  This is the worst customer service i've ever received...I can only imagine how ticked off customers would be with me being an automobile service writer and they came to me having issues with their car and I kept it for 3 weeks and then told them I didnt find anything wrong and give them the keys back without ever calling them once to go over the issues...they need reported to the better business bureau as much as possible to get someone to see how badly they're treating paying customers.  I'm awaiting a call back from a advocate team regarding a full refund of every digital purchase/console and extended warranty..im done with this junk company that turns customers over upside and shakes the change out of their pockets when they just want to game and have fun.  Proprietary headset adapter(that creates popping/crackling and wasnt tested), propietary charging system (sold separately when sony just integrates it into their controller like MS should of) and I fear an upcoming proprietary external storage that costs probably double what a current same gigabyte harddrive costs.  Nickle and dime me for too long and this is what happens...I dont care how long I've been a loyal gamer...your company is crooked and you treat your customers only has numbers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will do that as well as switch over to PS4.

Been an xbox gamer since the xbox original release date.

Sorry this didn't help.

So here is a cruel joke I got from microsoft.

I received my controller today. What's the cruel joke? I sent in and selected for the service request order a "xbox one day one controller". What am I looking at? A standard xbox one controller.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just sent my console, which is a Titanfall bundle console, to MS to be repaired because the disc drive didn't work.  I tracked it and it showed arriving at its destination on Thursday.  I pray I don't have this same experience.  I inserted a note making sure that they know it is a Titanfall bundle console as well as having other paid downloads on the system.  Since Titanfall was digital I hope I don't lose it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've changed to PS4 for that exact reason, so slow and they seem to just dont care.

- Luckely here in Denmark, the shop you've bought the Xbox One in are obligated by law to exchange the faulty part so you doesn't have to go through MS, so I will wait till it's launched here in september before buying an XBone again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Skihawks:

Digital downloads sticks to your Xbox Live profile, not the console it self, so don't worry about that :)

Sorry this didn't help.

To make the joke even worse, I was told I would be compensated for my 3 month wait. You know what they gave me? 3 month xbox live. I already have 2 years on it from buying the xbox one day one 12 month membership (for shadow jago) and I got a 12 month subscription for xbox live as a birthday gift from a friend about a month ago. I doubt I'll use any of it. I am so dead set on selling my xbox one now. They can even have my account with all those games I downloaded. 6 full games $60 each and 2 arcade games. This is just wrong. I'm not sure why they don't care. I have to see if anyone is having these problems with play station support.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still a nice offer for the tea

Sorry this didn't help.

Nice offer?

Over 3 months to receive my controller

Ended up receiving wrong controller

Get 3 months of xbox live for the hassle?

Sorry, but a year of xbox live isn't worth it.

I just want to get the xbox one day one controller and sell the entire system as a day one bundle for $424. Why that much? So I can buy a new ps4. I'm done with this joke of a support team. I have nothing against the console. I've loved it since I got my hands on it. I didn't mind that my controller broke within 24 hours. Electronics break all the time. The problem is that I have to deal with a team behind the system that doesn't care about the customer. I have spent over $1000 on the system and games because I loved it. My love for the system has been pushed aside by my hate for the support team. 3 months for a controller and I end up receiving the wrong controller! That's outrageous.

Sorry this didn't help.