i am pretty sure now that my console was hacked

yea i am pretty sure my console was hacked. my stepson lives with his dad, i am his step father, my console was banned without knowing why, cause i know for sure i did nothing wrong. here last night 9/14/2011 he was at his dads on live since mine is banned and someone was on my account deathkni9ht, how is this possible? he questioned this person and they said i am tyler my stepson cam said no your not cause tyler lives with me stepdad and has no access cause our console was banned. then this person said i am cameron which is my stepson but lives with his father. he said oh yea then how come i am cameron. the person got off right away after saying oh. i sincerely hope this is looked into cause i knew darn well i did nothing wrong, my console is banned but someone has my account please help me.

Sincerely

Samuel Sitler aka deathkni9ht

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

There is no recourse for console bans. Below is the only information you will ever get.

www.xbox.com/.../consoleban

That's it, and that's all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

um duh i am pretty sure my account deathkni9ht was hacked cant you read, somone needs to do something about it and i have proof someone was on my account and it was not me seeing how i am banned. lets see put it all together account hacked then i get banned hmmmm apparently it was not me that did anything so someone that can read and actually gives a crap from xbox themselves anwser me please.

Sorry this didn't help.

well first off, if you really believe your account was hacked, change the password on your account immediately.  You may/should  also want to cancel your credit card information if it was listed on your account (call your credit card company).

Second, console bans record the console ID/serial.  So unless the person who stole your account, also happened to steal your physical XBOX 360, if he used your account, it would have logged whatever 360 he was using, not yours.  so that console would have been banned if he did anything infringing on your account.

In other words, the fact that your account was hacked should be immaterial to whether your console was banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

got ya thanks and i already deleted my info and called my bank to cancel it, can you tell me why it was banned then and should it not be investigated since someone is using my account i thought you all took stealing seriously or is that only when it is xbox stuff being stolen that benefits you? just wondering

Sorry this didn't help.

to be clear, I don't work for MS, and am not even an "Xbox Ambassador", or whatever they call them.

you MIGHT be able to find out on Forum 14 (Account suspensions), assuming if the information I found in another thread is correct.  

Sorry this didn't help.

That I'm aware of, there are no known instances of Live accounts being hacked. They're phished/socially engineered quite often, but actually brute-forcing access to a Live account so far hasn't happened.

Use stronger passwords, rotate your passwords often, and don't use the same password for Live that you use for other services.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also (from the XBLPET FAQ):

If you feel this occurred while your account was not in your possession, you may open an ‘Unauthorized Access’ case by contacting your local Xbox support number.  They will contact us directly with their findings if it supports this claim.  

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you

Sorry this didn't help.