I am planning to buy a xbox one from USA to use in India. what are problems that will arise?

I am planning to buy a xbox one from USA to use it India.  I want to know if i could download the DLC of halo game in India that comes with the console? Also if I purchase xbox live gold in USA, will it work in India? If any other problems are there please tell me what are they? I will be using a step down voltage transformer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 135 Applies to:

Thanks hydro skillet

What if I activate Xbox live gold in USA only and then bring the console to India, will my subscription work? Also the DLC of halo is free with the console so and i have heard that DLC is region free so i guess it should work in India. I have currently set my region to USA and i will change it to India after going there.

Power will be a better option i guess because it will cost around only 20 dollars in India.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there!

If your account is an Indian account you cannot activate a USA gold card on it. If you move your account to USA, then activate your account, you may lose gold when you move it back to India. If all of this is for the money, and saving a bit here an there in the long run it's not worth it I promise. See the link below as it states other things that can happen when changing the region on your account.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ReactedLoki39, 

You can get an Xbox One from the USA, but you may run into issues with the power supply. You may need either some type of power converter, or a new power supply by itself. If there is a power issue I highly recommend getting the power supply and not the power converter as you can damage the console. When you setup your account, you will need to set it up for your region (India). You should not purchase Xbox Live gold from the USA as there is a good chance it won't even activate due to the different regions. Games are the same way. If you change the region on your account, or purchase USA content while you're in India there is a very good chance you'll run into issues and will end up with a game that is not playable. So I would suggest only buying games and DLC from your region's digital store. 

Hope this helps! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.