I am one of thousands of 360 owners affected by an update that will cost me $ to fix a console with NO prior issues. That's a BAD, BAD Microsoft! NO!

Response requested_ Please send to: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or respond to this.  Affected Console SN: 3289067 81905.   In Nov. 08 I bought an XBOX 360 Elite new from Best Buy.  I took special care to ensure the circular tape on the packaging had not been disturbed; In making an informed consumer decision, I read horror stories of 360 buyers having purchased a "new" XBOX 360, and find that when signing it onto LIVE for the 1st time, that their console has been previously banned from XBOX LIVE... where someone ELSE purchased it, opened it carefully, tampered with firmware etc. and got  the console banned from LIVE, then returned the console as unopened and it gets reshelved as Never Before Opened. A minor detail, but a) it may come into relevance later, b) anyone who has seen the circular tape on the packaging I am referring to knows it is obvious when it's been removed and when it hasn't, and c), knowing that I am that meticulous

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Moderators, please delete this post and refer to the one of three posts that I don't reply to my own post asking to delete  it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.