I Am New To X-Box LIVE, How do I connect to it using my xbox 360?

As I said i am new to xbox live and this is the first account i have made, before i made this account my xbox 360 had 5000 microsoft points on it. How can i connect my xbox live account to my xbox 360 with the 5000 gamer points? Please reply on any thoughts you have. I Know its not much but It took a long time for me to do all the Achievments.

P.S: My Old xbox 360 broke so I bought a new one along side the kinect but I have the original hard drive from the xbox 360 that broke and I am going to use it with the new one. Do I have all the gamerpoints from my old xbox stored on the Hard Drive? If so could I be able to use them on my new one?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Or can I just put in the Hard Drive of my original x box into the new one and have the local profile? Or the original xbox HDD cannot fit into the new one so that is why i need the cable. One last thing: when i CONNECT  to xbox live via the console, does my xbox live account have all the saved games and achievmenmts and gamerscore points as my local profile, or do i have to start from scratch? And as you see my xbox live account only has 0 G but my local has 5000 G. Thank you for all your help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If it's an old 360 transferring to a new slim one, the HDD won't fit without taking it out of the caddy so you'll have to get a transfer cable. A local game store might have one you can 'rent' for an hour or two.

You can convert your local profile to an Xbox Live profile, though you might have to change the name if it's already in use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Points are currency used in the Live Marketplace. Are you perhaps talking about a local profile on the console with a gamerscore (GS) of 5000?

Assuming your broken 360 was an original model and not the redesigned 360 S, the official transfer cable will allow you to move your profile from the old HDD to the new console. You can then log in and continue using the existing profile with your new console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes thank you it is a local profile. It was an original model but where do i get the official transfer cable?

Do I need that cable?

Sorry this didn't help.