I am desperately searching for help with my controller and headsets.

This is what I go through, and it may be confusing... but this is what it is.  

I turn on the Xbox One.  Everything is fine.  I plug my headset into my controllers.  This is when everything fails.

*NOTE: This happens with any headset i use.

1.) There is no audio through my headset, but white noise can be heard.

2.) If  I open a party, it shows it picks up my voice and I can HEAR it with mic monitoring, but I can't hear anyone else in the party.

3.) Vibration in my controllers is shut off.  I can't explain this one.

4.) Attempting to turn off the console with my controller results in an Xbox One that will forever flash its power light on and off.  Holding down the power for 10 seconds is the only way to shut off.

5.) Attempting to turn off the controller results in the typical connection being lost to the console, but the controller light remains lit.  Additionally, I can turn on a different controller to use, but apparently since the other one is still 'on' it won't pick up the input.

6.)  To use a headset, I'm forced to connect via USB to the console.  If I'm using My XO7's, this results in constant crackling every few minutes.

I don't know what to do.  I don't know what the problem is.  I do know that it can't be my controllers or headset, because I just got a new contrller today (my fourth) and it's acting up just like the rest.  You can't tell me i managed to get faulty controllers which worked fine until a couple months ago.  It can't be my headset either, since it works fine on my PS4 and iPhone.

I want to believe this is on Microsoft and it will be fixed soon with an update, but I can't rely on that.  Could it be my console causing this?  I do NOT want to spend another $350 for another console only to reveal its not the console.

I'm desperate.  Can ANYONE help me?  I haven't heard of anyone having this problem before :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm assuming you've tried it and it didn't solve it. But have you tried a hard reset? Holding the power button on the console for 7 seconds or unplugging it for a few seconds?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, actually a hard reset is required to make the Xbox actually turn of since I can't with the controller when it acts up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.