I am beyond furious with xbox support. What can I do?

I am beyond furious with the xbox live support team. I have called, time and time again.

I recently got an apartment with my fiancee, my cousin and my brother. All four of us want xbox live.

We decided the most cost effective thing to do would be to sign up for a family pack.

We used my friend's credit card, as I do not have one.

Everything went fine, until somebody that was over at my house charged quite a few things onto the credit card associated with the account. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for a refund for what was charged, however this is what triggered the problem to come.

My friend, seeing that his credit card was charged quite a few times, called xbox live support, and said "I want my credit card removed, but will it affect the xbox live membership?" The support team member said it would not, and removed his card.

As soon as he removed the card, guess what? All four accounts no longer had xbox live. I have called, time and time again. Everybody I have talked to says I cannot get a refund, instead they offer two tokens for a 1-year xbox live membership.

The problem is that I had FOUR accounts with SIXTEEN months each. Do the math microsoft. 24 is not the same as 64. Why would I accept that? I have four people in my household that want xbox live.

I am willing to accept FOUR tokens. Even though that, isn't even the same. I need to be able to provide all four of us with xbox live, just as I had paid for.

What can I do? It seems like they think it is perfectly acceptable to take my money, and offer less than half of what I had as compensation...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The only way to remove a payment method that is attached to a LIVE subscription is to cancel the subscription, or replace it with a different payment method. If you can have your friend post here as well, from his GT, we can look into both accounts to pull up the call records and see what was said and done. Until that point, it's really just a "your word versus his" kind of thing, you know? I look forward to helping you sort this out! Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think you completely understand, and I don't quite get how... it is not a battle between my friend and myself, and it is not "my word versus his." Can you please re-read my entire post?

The only way he is even involved, is because we used his credit card to purchase the family pack. He does not have a gamertag.

He took his credit card off of the account, because A DIFFERENT person was at my house and charged things to the card associated with FloppyComb and the 3 other family pack gamertags.

Prior to the purchase of the family pack I had 13 months left on my account.

Prior to the purchase of the family pack DysonBreaks42 had 3 months left on his account.

We created two more accounts to go with the family pack one of which had a 1 month trial.

The way the family pack upgade works is this: You designate one as the primary we chose "FloppyComb" you get the months left on the primary, on the family pack.

The remaining accounts are rounded up to the nearest even number of months, and halved, and added to the whole family pack.

So we had 13 months from FloppyComb. (From the 13 months I already had)

2 months from DysonBreaks42  (From the 3 months, rounded to 4, halved to 2)

and 1 month on one of the new accounts (From 1 month free, rounded to 2, halved to 1)

This means that on FOUR accounts I should have 16 months FOR EACH ONE. I spent $99 on this upgrade. To ADD it to my already existing $60 membership, and Dyson's already existing $20 membership.

Everytime I call, they try to offer me compensation for what I had BEFORE I purchased the family pack upgrade. But.... I want to be compensated for ALL OF THE MONEY I SPENT!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

$99 for the family pack is a discount, when it was cancled you lost that discount.  99 dollars is not even enough money for two accounts to have one year of live, they are giving you a fair deal.  It is not MS's fault what happend, but they seem like they are trying to give you something.

Sorry this didn't help.

The reason they've done what they have is because A. It was past the thirty days so no refund and B. No token exists for the family pack yet. If you redeem both of those codes on the primary account, you'll be able to get a new family pack free of charge due to the 24 months on there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Comb: I'm sorry you feel that I didn't understand your issue, but I assure you that I have read your post several times. As for your friend, he is very involved, as you stated he is the one who called our phone support and removed his credit card. As I mentioned before, if the account doesn't have a payment method on file, then the subscription is canceled.

I would recommend that you call phone support in your region (http://support.xbox.com/pages/contact-us.aspx) and explain the issue to them. Hopefully they'll be able to help you fix this issue as best they can. Again, I am sorry for the hassle here.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Get the word out - XBOX live is profit only and could care less about customer service or satisfaction!!!  I purchased Xbox live for grandson while visiting for a month.  Got the Gold 1-month membership and then found out he could not connect as I live in such a remote area that my only option for internet is a USB port.  Xbox will not work with the usb port (unless someone is very tech savvy and can manipulate through a pc apparently???).  Do you think I would get a refund for non-use - no way.  They state that once billed they cannot refund.  Not realizing this was an 'automatic renewal' I have now had to pay for two months of NON-USE!  Go figure!  I have filed a complaint through PayPal and disputed the most recent charge - - all Xbox customer services states is 'they will not bill me for any more months.'  Think twice about getting anything from Xbox - customer service stinks!  We were only talking a $9.99 refund - I was willing to accept the July error for connectivity but thought for sure they would credit me for August!  Word of mouth will help remedy this type of poor service...spread the word!  There is a legal service online - JustAnswer.com - look them up as they have been great providing legal advice to me in the past!  Best of luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

support.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Read this walkthru for ics connections

Dongles are not provided by xbox therefore xbox can never provide drivers

No console supports wireless Internet modems due to the fact that most consoles cannot load the custom script made by the internet provider to connection to a wireless 3G network

That's why you have CDs which run only on pcs

Peice of advice if you want ICS support xbox can provide help but for certain things like modem your ISP should provide advice

No console garentees that ICS with USB wireless modems will work due to inconsistent connection and some modems doesn't allow sharing

Sorry this didn't help.