I already returned one Xbox One now the replacement is having the same issue

I bought my xbox one as part of the day one launch. It worked fine for about a month and I had to return it because it started showing a blank screen. I got a replacement a few weeks ago and now today the same issue. I called Microsoft and got the same song and dance. It must be the HDMI or the HDMI port on the tv is bad. Only problem is my tv has 3 HDMI ports and none work. Also, I hooked up the xbox one to another tv in my home and the same problem. I had no idea owning the xbox one would be so arduous. I knew I should have waited until Microsoft got all of the bugs out before buying the Xbox one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi Papa.

Have you tried to reboot the system and clear the cache?  With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5-8 seconds until it shuts off.  Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot.  You should see the green splash screen upon reboot.  It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.  If you did not see the green Xbox splash screen, please redo it.

if the above don't work, please use the technique explained in the Low Resolution Mode trouble shooter:  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Let us know if this works for you.  Rebooting the system (I do mine once per week) seems to keep the software glitches at bay.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

have you tested it at all HDMI ports and TV's with the same HDMI cable?

Maybe it is caused by the cable and  it is not a problem of your console or tv.

Gruß,
Oliver
Ist Eure Frage beantwortet, markiert es bitte.
http://wpgadgets.de

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox one broke got a replacement console through and didnt even work they must be sending out faulty consoles

Sorry this didn't help.

I got a day one console, and returned it because of controller disconnecting continuously.  My new xbox one not only has the controller disconnecting issue, but this blank screen issue that you are describing as well.  Definitely not an HDMI issue.  Never happened once with the previous xbox.  This is ridiculous.  One of my friends is having the same blank screen problem as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

All xbox ones seems to have the controller issue.  I think a system patch is in order to fix that.  As far as the blank screen, if you have checked your cables and are sure, then:  Reboot as I explained above.  Then use the low resolution trouble shooter if need be.  Don't be surprised if it comes back in time.  Just redo the process.  

Sorry this didn't help.