Hyper X Cloud headset trouble

So I have had the Cloud for awhile now and never had any problems until recently, The sound keeps coming through only one side (the right) but if I move the controller or move the audio splitter it works for a few seconds then back to the problem. I bough a new audio splitter and it worked fine but now the mic isn't working. I have since bought another and I am having the same problem. So does anyone know if I need a certain audio splitter because as far as I was aware they all do the same job. Not sure if anyone has the same problems as me but any help is much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

When looking at the product and your description, it seems that more than likely the issue seems to be with the cable rather than the xbox stereo adapter.

Have you tested another headset for sound alone to eliminate that its the xbox stereo adapter.

Another test would be to plug the headset into another device like a compatible phone or computer (this may require another person).

Before going out to buy more items or replace anything I would do simple tests.

-The first test:

While the stereo adapter is plugged into the controller, open up party on the xbox.

-start the party with just yourself and speak into the headset looking on the screen to see  if the squawker is pulsing when your voice is making sounds.  

-If yes, proceed to invite someone into the party and maybe do the same test to ensure you can hear them and that they can hear you.

Test #2

-find a computer and open the audio settings to test that the mic is working and that sound can be heard evenly.

*It will be hard to test the mic on a cell phone unless you can call someone but sound should be as easy as playing music or going to a website with a video.

Comment back and let us know the results please.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.