HULU freezes up when buffering

I was watching an episode of the Daily Show when it suddenly locked up.  I couldn't get back to the dashboard so I power cycled and tried to watch that same episode again.  It locked up again.  I power cycled.  Tried watching a different show and before the show even started, it was on a black screen that said 'buffering' and the loading ring stopped.  Again, I could not access the dashboard.  Power cycled again, this time I tried Netflix and it locked up.  Netflix and XBOX Live work now after an update but HULU still does not. Please Advise.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Could you try deleting the Hulu Plus App, then clearing your console's cache, and reinstalling the app? :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having a similar, if not same issue.  I'm a new Gold subscriber, and signed up only because of Hulu/Netflix.  I get signed in and start a show (Hulu), it buffers, then craps out.  Bandwidth isn't an issue; 10 down and 1.5 up.  One of the messages suggested setting MTU on the router at 1364 or higher - it was already 1500.  I'll try the suggestion above.

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't see where i could clear the cache.  I reinstalled, and it was better.  I played a video that ended up hanging.  I rebooted the console and went back in and it played okay.

Edit: I found the instructions here:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/7834.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.