Huge buffering issue.

I made a post about this a while back and it seems to have been deleted or something but anyway my xbox is one of those new slim ones and it has an issue with slow play time and constantly buffering when I try to watch any thing on live like Xbox-101 videos.

This is the result of my latest speed test: Ping is 58ms, Upload rate is 0.10 mbps and the Down load rate is 0.63 mbps.

I'm thinking that these numbers are to low and I want to know how to speed my connection up and improve the over all performance of my Xbox live sessions.

My router is a At&t powered 2Wire 550 router and is supposed to have a connection rate of up to 54mbps and I'm not even getting 1mbps even with the lap top off and the console being the only thing connected via the Ethernet connection.

I checked the list of Xbox Live Approved routers and mine was not on the list I can play live matches just fine but getting a video to stream with out having to constantly buffer is like pulling a tooth with a pair of tweezers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The connection rate that your 54Mbps capability is refering to is just your internal wireless network. That is not related to the speed at which AT&T is sending information to you.

The only way to improve your signal with that is to actually get in touch with AT&T, have them test your lines to make sure you're getting the signal you're paying for and see if there's a higher speed package through them to get your home connected to the world faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah I kinda felt like the speed was too slow and I did talk to an At&t rep and she said that the only way to get a higher connection speed would be to upgrade from the $19.95 a month 4mbps plan we have to the $50.95 18mbps plan and unfortunately I'm disabled and unemployed and living at home with mom and dad so I'm using their router and Internet service and they can't afford to upgrade the service package.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.