How will the community enforcement team work on the Xbox One

will these individuals be vetted\monitored or will they be allowed to be draconian or prone to utilize vendettas against those they dont like

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Very good question...Hopefully they go the vetted/monitored route

Sorry not letting this go lol I am willing to risk the ban.  But this is very much an on topic valid question

i would expect the Enforcement Team won't actually be able to enforce anything, but would just "flag" people for mods to review... but that is a good question.

Do you mean the Enforcement United system? A FNC there can only be done if the group consensus agrees that the gamertag is offensive, it is very unlikely that one person of even a small group could force action.

If they extend the system into other forms of enforcement then I expect they would maintain the same group consensus model currently used.

You could still end up having enforcement action taken on you by the community but it is very doubtful that it could be abused for a vendetta, not unless you somehow managed to turn the entire community against you. 

thats what i thought until calling someone a fangirl got me a dressing down from a mod because the individual was "offended"  over a common term used on thes forums.  Yet i get a warning lol refer to my sig.   Guess im just worried someone will game the new system

Well I can't speak to your moderator issues because I swear some people have 'immunity'.

-

I know of one user on here, the whole forum not just this board,  who posts in a very hostile manner and frequently troll posts to subjects he thinks get talked about too much. Yet he is allowed to continue to do so but others get deletions, warnings and bans for their trouble.

-

Sorry I could rant about that for a while. However I don't think you have to worry about the Enforcement United program, I may question why it is needed but it would be very difficult for anyone to 'game' the system they have in place.

hope you're right or i may have to never use the one for online gaming at all.  The community has become to vindictive and thin skinned lately

Well in fairness to the people that look after this place. I haven't had any issues, although I haven't followed the threads these past few days. I know some people have been hit with the ban hammer and thats a shame but i cant comment because i don't know the individual situations or see the threads responsible.

Having said that, I took a little break from the forum having made the mistake of reading and then posting off the back of having a very bad day and whilst dog tired. So that was an error on my part and undoubtably i got a bit carried away! So I'm partly responsible for the Ryse thread being butchered, So my apologies for that and to anyone offended. My other posts will show that I'm normally a lot more chilled out but like I say, it was a bad day and I shouldn't have been anywhere near this place until after a good sleep! One thing is for sure, if anything is going to upset me or get under my skin, it will never be gaming or console related.. They don't matter nearly enough to me for that!

So anyway, thanks to the mods for cutting some of us some slack and showing a little patience!

and i have no thanks to give refer to sig lol.  Like me or not one thing you need to admit is that i dont resort to rude personal attacks and if the term mentioned in my sig is so offensive then it stands to reason that most of us should get warned like i did.  If not refer to the last line of my sig

the term fangirl/boy are used all over the internet it is basically written into the console/gamer language now.