How was Hacked?

Kept getting disconnected bc someone was connecting from another console. Then realized my profile had changed. New friends were added, new games were played. I changed my security password and will see if that works? How did this happen and am I still in danger?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there,

please check if you have done all the steps mentioned on this link www.xbox.com/.../What-To-Do

It has all the to do's in case an account was hacked/stolen. Since you already changed the password and security question, I urge you to take a look at point 2. mentioned on the link.  Clear any consoles that may remember your account and password (www.xbox.com/.../protection) If you don't do this, the person can still access your account via the other console.

If you checked and executed the steps on this link, your account should be safe again.

-

How this could happen, this can be caused by several things, maybe somebody guessed your password, or you entered your details on a fake web site were they are phising for account details.

It could be a number of things

-

Be sure to setup security proofs here account.live.com/.../manage as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have never entered any info on a fake site. I did just order new subscription on eBay and the guy just sent me the code thru email, but I don't see how that could work. Is there no way to find who did this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Fraid not...officially MS does not believe your account can be hacked anyway.  Basically, MS says the only way your account can be hacked is simply that you gave out your email and password as mentioned by WPAK.  And I would have to just about agree: the chances of any one person simply guessing both your passwoord and email is astronomical.  So MS believes that accounts are only hacked when the owner gave out his email and password...whether intentionall or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I did sign into a friends Xbox about 4 months ago, but never had any problems until about 24 hrs ago. And I found out the kid using my GT told a friend he added to my acct he was and the friend was a 20 to female

Sorry this didn't help.

*the kid using said he was 13

Sorry this didn't help.

So you weren't actually hacked, but left your account on somebody else his console without the requirement of a password and somebody started using your account.

To prevent him from using your account on that console, use this link www.xbox.com/.../protection to remove that console from remembering your account info. That should prevent that console from using your account without having to enter the email and password

Sorry this didn't help.