How to use Turtle Beach X41 with hdmi

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a new 3D HD Tv that support hdmi (I was using component cable before) but because of that I can't use my Turtle Beach X41 anymore because it used an optical cable thus it need to be plugg in the component cable. I have an old arcade xbox so I can't plug hdmi + component at the same time because the component cable block the hdmi.

To solve that problem, I bought another third party component cable that is smaller so I can put both the hdmi and the component cable at the same time, it worked, but when both of them are plugged in my console, I get a black screen on my TV and it says no signal. If i remove the component cable, I see my screen again.

Why can't I use both cable at the same time? I only use the component cable to plug the optical cable of the X41, I dont plug the 5 colors cable into my TV so I dont see where is the problem..

I paid 220$ for an headset + 600$ for a TV and I can't use both of them at the same time its really annoying..

THANKS!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You can not have 2 hook ups plugged in at the same time with the XBOX. It only permits one hence the blank screen and as soon as you take out the component cables it works fine. It does not matter that you are not connecting the other end of the cable into your TV. What matters is that you have an HDMI and a component cable plugged into the XBOX at the same time and the XBOX does not support this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is a tutorial that will make it possible for you. Just a little different then the way you wanted to do it but. This will definitely get it working and you will be able to use HDMI. Please let me know what you think.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't understand that when you answer someones question with the correct answer why someone will click you a 1 star review, not that stars matter, but I just can never understand it. To the person who did give me 1 star you can't use both connections at the same time. The xbox will not allow it!!! @nFected here is 1 more tutorial to help you

Sorry this didn't help.

@Paulie That link does provide alot of information about the Turtle Beach X41, setting it up on the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="rckstrdude24"]

@Paulie That link does provide alot of information about the Turtle Beach X41, setting it up on the console.

[/quote]Hope it helped someone- good luck everyone

Sorry this didn't help.