How to update my account here onto my Xbox.

Hello, I recently purchased an xbox360, and a friend told me to set up my account here. I did so and put in a gold membership card as well. When I turned on the xbox and connected it to my wifi, it wasnt able to transfer the account data here onto the xbox. I didnt get any error messages, so I thought setting up the account in the same way would fix it. The online card however doesnt work, and I am wondering if this is just because my xbox runs on wireless and i need to link it to my computer or router to update, or if they are 2 seperate networks. Another person told me I now have to get another card because this service is different then the one located on my xbox, what do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

They aren't different, however, if you upgraded to Gold via Xbox.com it can take some time for the update to be reflected on your console.  You can either wait or you can delete the profile off your console and retrieve it again from Live.  You should then be good to go. 

This guide explains how: http://support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/gamer-profile.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.