How to transfer Offline XBOX 360 Profile to XBOX One?

I had an XBOX 360 that I just sold & bought an XBOX One. Before I sold my XBOX 360, I moved the profile over to a USB Flash Drive. I wanted to move it over to XBOX One so I could use the same profile on XBOX One. After purchasing the XBOX One, I'm finding out now that you can't use the USB Flash Drive. So how do I get my old XBOX 360 profile (still on USB Drive) over to my XBOX One and associate it with my XBOX One account? My XBOX 360 was an Offline Console, so this profile is not XBOX Live, but I want to put it on XBOX Live now using XBOX One. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2,802 Applies to:

Just log in to it - you don't need to move it.  Use the email associated with your account and password to log in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's the issue - The gamertag I used on my XBOX 360 does not have an associated Microsoft Account or Email. It was an Offline XBOX 360 -- never connected it to XBOX Live. The gamertag has always been offline.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh.. I missed the offline part.  I think you'd have to somehow associate it with an online account.  I'm not sure you can do that from the Xbox One though - might have to do it from the 360.

Here's the 360 article about it:  http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the response; yes - that's what I'm learning, that's there's no way to actually move the offline profile to XBOX One or convert it to online on the XBOX One. The problem is I don't have an XBOX 360 now; which leaves me with the choice of trying to get hold of a friend who has an XBOX 360 connected to Live and help me do this.

You may be able to answer another question; when I signed in to XBOX One and set everything up, including the 14-Day Gold Trial, I used my current Windows 8 Microsoft account/email. The XBOX One set up a Gamertag/Profile for me and associated it with my main Microsoft Account. I don't want this profile ... I want to use my old one (Which of course is going to be a tedious task now) ... do you know if/how I can remove this 'HeathenFoil' gamertag/profile that XBOX One automatically generated & associated with my Microsoft Account? I don't want any profile associated with my MS Account until I figure out how to get my old profile over my XBOX One.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's an article to do what you want, but you will need a 360.  Just see if you can use a friends.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Sorry this didn't help.