How to Switch a Microsoft Account to a different Gamertag?

Seriously, I tried to ask X-Box support for help with this and it got me nowhere fast. The conversation ended with them asking me to please click the End Conversation button. All I want to know is how to get my important Microsoft account (filled with important Microsoft Word, Excel, Processing, Power Point, etc.) onto a different Gamertag that I actually use. The current gamertag I use for everything is under an Email I don't use. The Gamertag associated with the Email I always use is Associated with my Microsoft account and I don't want that darn thing anymore. 

SO: How do I switch my Microsoft account from one gamertag to another (that I actually USE)?

Support told me I had to switch the old gamertag to a dummy email to open up my main email for use by my main gamertag. I tried that, but it switched my Microsoft account to the dummy email as well. Well... I kinda need that on my main email. What do I do? Is there some step I missed?

Please. HELP ME. Tell me what must be done.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

For more information on switching gamertags to other Microsoft accounts, try this article: Switch a Gamertag to another Microsoft Account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.