How To Setup Child Account

Looking for step-by-step instructions on how to setup a child account under my xBox Live membership for my 9 yr old son (xBox 360). He does not have an e-mail address, nor am I really interested in having to create one for him. Most of the info I have found is not very coherent or applies to situations I am not currently experiencing. Simple step-by-step instructions that a monkey could follow would be helpful...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

this is for offline xbox live:

create a xboxlive profile if you have not already then go to parental controls and select what you want for the kid (also make sure you know the 4 digit code to get into it) and then it's all set up!

ok for the child account to set up online gaming here is what you do:

one you make a xboxlive profile on the xbox

then you hit join xbox live under social

then you have to make a email account for him (but you don't have to let him access it as a email account)

next you set his birthday under 18

then you set up the billing (note you dont have to put a credit card and you can use the place you bought the xbox as the mailing address-- but be sure to change it if you need your xbox to be repaired)

then it will automatically set up a random generated gamertag, if your kid likes it he can keep it (like mine) but he can change it, but make sure it's ok under the code of conduct

then it will say this parent account (you) will shadow this child account hit yes

then after you set up your kid's account you go to parental controls and you can change anything you want for him (so like no rated M games, or allow voice chat, etc)

then if you have a gold card you can put that on his account and he can play online and use apps!

and then you are all set just ask if you have any other questions!

hope that helps:)

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.  I will give it a shot and report back.

Sorry this didn't help.

welcome

Computer person... also a Mopar technician.
CEO of Independent LLC

Sorry this didn't help.