how to set xbox as main internet user on the network????

i have my faithfull xbox conected via ethernet cable to a shared wireless network. when iver the laptop or the eldests computer is on, there is a massive drain on my conection, i have made do with turning laptop off but as the lad has moved rooms seems he now has best conection!!!!!! how do i set my xbox as the main user of my internet i am with sky and am running vista any help guys n girls?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

That's really strange that that is happening.  With an ethernet connection the internet should be shared evenly between the two.  What is the speed of your internet?  Also, you may want to go into your modems settings and double check the settings there.  Contact Sky to find out how to do this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Some routers support a feature called QoS (Quality of Service) that let you configure which traffic should take priority, what is the exact make/model of your router?

Edit: Apologies I didn't see that you were with Sky, Hmmm I don't believe their bundled routers support QoS, you could look putting software on the laptop to limit how much of your connection it can take up, search on the net for Netlimiter (or similar )

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.