How to see total play time on a game.

Is there a way to find out exactly how many hours I've put into a game? I know on the xbox live stats it shows the past 6 months on some of your games but I want to see total time played on a specific game. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,529 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It simply depends on if it's a Feature in any specific Game. It will vary Game to Game. Some do, some do not.

Ah, ok, thanks. I wanted to see how many hours I've put into Skyrim. I couldn't find anything like that in-game. I've seen people posting on Twitter about how many hours they've put into Skyrim.  I guess they're just  keeping track? lol  That'd be a nice feature to add to the xbox live stats.

Skyirm's easy. It stated on your Save File.

That probably doesn't include reloads and other save games though. Only seen the option in a couple of games. Ninja Gaiden 2&3 for instance. Although, last time I checked 3, the counter was way too low, must have reset at some point.

Just a warning -- If it's a game like Skyrim, you probably don't want to see how much time you have actually spent playing one video game.  It may wind up depressing you.   lol   (I think I'm at 80+ hours, and still have to start playing the new DLC)

I'm at about 145 hours, don't have the DLC and only finished the main story recently. I still have stacks of the map to fill.

Now, that IS depressing. :(

Well, I'm going to sound really pathetic then.... When xbox live stats showed my time for the first 6 months after release date, it said *cough* 580 hrs*. >.>  I've definitely put more in since then.

Thanks so much, LostKauz. I'll have to check that out!

Three hours a day, that's not so bad.

Thanks! :D  

david