How to renew xbox live

I bought the original Xbox live one year membership with one of those cards you get at best buy.  Now a year is up and it expired.  Is there anyway to get my old gamertag and renew the membership?  The Xbox.com/support site is useless.  Does anybody know how to contact someone at Microsoft about this?  The whole Xbox live website is pretty useless actually.  And I wasn't warned on the Xbox dashboard about my account expiring.  In that sense, the Xbox dashboard is quite useless too.

Thanks for the help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also I have no idea where the tag SudsierDonkey6 came from.  I didn't make it and it's not the tag I was using on Xbox live.  So why does it say my name is SudsierDonkey6?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can just buy another prepaid card, sign into the accouht, and add the time through the console. The dashboard doesn't give you warnings when your gold is about to expire, but if your contact information is correct and you have it set up to receive emails from Xbox, you should get an email before it expires.

You can also sign into your account on the website and go to MyXbox and then Accounts and you can upgrade there with a credit card or a prepaid card. You can also pay by credit card through the console by going to your profile and then I believe it's under Manage Account.

As far as the gamertag issue on the website, it looks like you created a new tag instead of signing in with the one you use on the console. Sign out and then make sure you're signing in with the same ID and password as the gamertag on your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.