how to open a "Unauthorized Access" case

I was on the 14 forum thread telling them my account has been banned for a different color avatar. however i dont remember ever changing my avatar skin let alone somehow changing it to a color not on the settings. They told me these exact words " If you feel this occurred while your account was not in your possession, you may open an ‘Unauthorized Access’ case by contacting your local Xbox support number. While we work directly with Support during their investigation, please note that they will make all further contact with you regarding the details and results of their proceedings. We will be unable to assist you in this process."  I am just wondering what to do because i would like to get back to playing rocksmith and eventually my newly purchased forza 4, as i was wrongfully banned.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you feel like you did not cause this ban and your avatar was changed without your knowledge then you may file a UA claim by calling 1-800-4MY-Xbox. Just know that MS WILL DO an investigation where they look at everything dealing with your account. They will know for sure if there was any Unauthorized Access on your account.

If there was not UA then your account will remain in the state it is. If a friend used your account and changed this, you will still be held responsible for this. Without knowing what is going on in your household I cannot state for certain if there was UA on this account. With my experience the likely cause is you had a friend modify your profile in some way without your realizing what was happening, if that is the case you will still be held responsible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You must place a phone call to your local XBOX Support; the numbers can be found on this website.  Request a UA - Unauthorized Access and state your case.  You will be asked to provide your Gamertag, Console ID and Serial # among other items to validate who you are.  Anything else you feel is related; report to the support representative 

From there, sit and wait.  It will take some time for your UA to be processed and completed.  You will be quoted, normally - 20 to 25 business days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your avatar is bright blue. I refuse to believe you didn't notice that your avatar was bright blue since it's the first thing you see when you sign in.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are not being too helpful on this one. It is not our place to judge what is going on. That is what MS is there for. They will be the proving what happened. You have no proof to say he did notice or had something to do with the modification.

Sorry this didn't help.