How to move Xbox live account and DLC to my new console?

I have a question that no one can seem to answer:

I bought the new Xbox 360 about a year ago, and neglected to use a transfer cable to move all of my old content from my old hard drive to the new one (mainly because I didn't have a transfer cable). So, after all this time I want to move all my old content (saved games, DLC, old account) to my new Xbox. The problem is, I heard that using a transfer cable erases everything off the new hard drive when it puts the old stuff onto it. Is there any possible way of putting my previous data from my old hard drive onto my new Xbox without deleting everything on then new hard drive? I have heard that using a flash drive would work, but I didn't think that would transfer my saved games.

I already know that I need to call Xbox customer service to get my downloaded games onto my new console (because of content license's and whatnot), because I have had to do it in the past when I had my Xbox repaired. Please, any answers will do. I really don't want to have to start all of my older games over again.

Thank you so much,

Lovable Spycrab

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can do the license transfer online these days.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

using a standard USB flash drive will help you move content easier and wont erase precious data from your HDD, when thats done you just need to do a license transfer online which is very simple.

hope this helped :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey thanks! I'll try it out. :)

Sorry this didn't help.