How to get Xbox LIVE to work anywhere (tutorial)

Unblock Xbox LIVE using your iMac or Macbook (OS X Lion)

Welcome to this quick and simple way of getting Xbox LIVE to work. Whether your country, dormitory, workplace, or blocks your Xbox LIVE, this will remove all restrictions and allow you to play freely. Connecting your Xbox to Xbox LIVE this way will also open your NAT settings, usually to open though sometimes moderate, either way strict will be removed and you will be able to play.

You will need:

• OS X Lion (VERY IMPORTANT)
  • Internet connection
  • Ethernet cable
  • Xbox 360

I’m currently researching into ways to get this method working on earlier version of OS X. Also a windows version will be posted soon.

So let’s get started!

1. Open System Preferences > Network
  2. Hit the plus sign

1. Make sure the type of network you’re creating is a VPN network. Set the VPN type as PPTP, then the network name is whatever you want to call it (I just chose PureVPN as that’s the VPN provider we’ll be using.

1. Now that the network is setup, we’re gonna leave it for a bit because we’re going to need a login-code and a password. I use PureVPN as it’s a very reliable internet service and has an efficient, here’s the link to the website: http://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=1242
  2. Now once you’re on the site, you just setup an account and order your VPN membership. It will cost some money though it works perfectly for me and if you want your Xbox LIVE it will be worth it as there’s no problems once it’s installed. If you just want to try it out first that’s also possible, instead of a full membership just get a 3-day trial.
  3. Now I’m going to assume you have ordered your VPN and you have received the email containing your account name and password. You will also have the option to set-up an automatic VPN. Do this and follow the steps.
  4. Go back to System preferences > Network, and go to your previously created VPN network
  1. There will also be another VPN network created from the automatic application we used before, although you can use this, I recommend continuing following a few small steps and installing it manually because if problems arise later on it will be much easier to solve.
  2. So in the automatic VPN you created, you will have a server address, copy it and fill it into your manual VPN. Now also fill in the account name you received in your email.

10. Now we’re not finished, go to authentication settings and you will have the option to fill in a password, fill in the password you were given in your email.

11. Now just one last step in network is to go to advanced and make sure the first three options are checked.

12. Now just press OK and apply your changes, and press connect and your VPN should go online.

13. Now we just have to turn on sharing on your computer so go System preferences > Sharing > Internet sharing. Before you turn it on, make sure your sharing from the new manual network you created to Ethernet.

14. Now just plug in your Ethernet cable from your Xbox into your iMac or Macbook and Xbox LIVE will work!

(15.) If it’s still not working it’s probably because your network settings on Xbox LIVE are wrong. It’s a simple change. On your Xbox, go to system settings > Network settings. Make sure both the IP and DNS settings are on automatic.

Hope this tutorial has helped! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Great info. Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well writen guide. However, you should first verify with an official support agent that you do not violate any terms if you use this type of service.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.