How to get Xbox 360 displayed on my laptop monitor via HDMI

It's pretty much all in the subject, but I am trying to hook up my xbox to my laptop in a way that lets me display it on my monitor like a TV. Ive seen converters that plug into a USB port on your laptop, and have the standard quality video cables (red, white, & yellow) to plug into giving a display, but only standard def. my laptop is of high quality and I want to use it to the full extent (without needing to buy an expensive fancy TV for just my xbox. dont really watch TV). So summed up, is there a converter that changes my USB or HDMI-OUT ports on my laptop into an HDMI-IN so that I can play xbox on my laptop via HDMI cable?

Discussion Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 4,368 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I may be wrong,  but I don't think there is any way to convert an HDMI out to an input. The outs on the laptop are there for someone to connect a bigger monitor to them. I don't think there is any way of that working.

You would need a capturing device in order to use an xbox as a display on your laptop. Your best bet would be to get a monitor of your choice, anything with dvi or hdmi would work and some speakers and your set. Most likely would be the cheapest route and you would have full resolution without any hicups because the computer cant keep up.

Can't be done. Capture device would be a waste of money as they have a noticeable latency while recording or previewing which would make gaming nearly impossible.

-

Just buy a monitor or TV and then you will also have a second monitor for your laptop.

No, as other posters mentioned you'd need a capture card.

can’t be done and if you use a capturing device there will be lag.

you can't

Easy cap that's your only solution

I'm playing all the games i love on my Sony Vaio Laptop that has an HDMI-IN

But your laptop is an expection

You can find 27" monitors or TVs for $200 (I looked on Newegg). Bite the bullet.