How to get rid of a 1) xbox live ID and 2) and microsoft account?

my problem isn't as straight forward as it first appears to be. i'll explain. 
- lately i've wanted to delete the extra microsoft accounts to have only one email address, but then i encountered a problem: one of my accounts i use predominately for gaming & my xbox; it has a LIVE ID associated with it (naturally) [for clarity we'll call this account 1: gamertag 1] . This one i NEVER use for emailing so i want to get rid of it - not too fussed about the LIVE ID information or the gamertag associated with it. 
the second account I DO USE for emailing - i want to keep this one. this also has a gamertag associated with it, but i never actually use it for gaming [account 2: gamertag 2] 
(ps. im not shouting, i'm using all-caps to highlight the important bits x ) 

now my problem is, i cant close account1 because it has gamertag1 information attached to it; one way microsoft said to solve the problem is to create a third account. transfer gamertag1 to account3, leaving acc1 free. then deleting acc1. 

but then i still have two accounts remaining and i still only want ONE at the end. i'll be left with acc3 and acc2, and i dont want acc3 either. 

my question is, does anybody have any idea at all (ANY) of how to get rid of a gamertag. because, if i could delete the gamertag associated with acc2 (the one i want), then i can just transfer gamertag1 to account2 and all my problems would be solved. i just dont know how to do this and its driving me mad :-(
** any and all suggestions welcomed. 
thanks xxx 

pps: i dont want to be tranferring unwanted tags to unwanted email addresses, i want it gone/ deleted. by the end i want one gamertag associated with one account in my name. 
help ! :-(

also, (i think i've mentioned it, but just to clarify) i've already created unwanted-account3 and tranferred the unwanted-gamertag1 to it, in the hopes that then i can delete account 1. but it still wont let me delete the account, its just telling me that i need to delete the information assocated with it. 
soo....what do u think, should i just wait a while and give the system a chance to update or is there any else i need to do orrrr....... anything 

:-)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hi Lady,

Great question. Allow me to explain.

The ability to 'delete' a GT from a Microsoft account is not possible. The only way to disassociate the two is to 'transfer' the unwanted GT to a throw-away MSA. Here's how to do that: Transfer Your Gamertag to Another Microsoft Account.  

As for deleting the Microsoft account itself, here's how

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.