How to get "Xbox on" to work?

I have the kinect settings, under power settings I have it set to "instant on mode" with the kinect enabled. I can say xbox off with no problems, it shuts everything down. However no matter how deep or loud I say xbox on, nothing happens.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Xbox one support forums

Make a small pause after you say Xbox. Say like this: XBOX, On.

That comma is very important for every kinect cmd.

It doesn't matter how long I wait. I can wait a second, few seconds, etc its simply not listening for me.

Also check in the power settings to make sure under the instant on mode that you have not accidentally turned off the xbox on voice command. There will be 3 boxes and the top 2 have check marks in by default

I have not turned them off and like I said in OP, the settings are set correctly that should allow it to work. Instant on and kinect enabled.

ON is a word, depending on your accent is hard to decipher... i live in NYC with the typical NYC accent... when I say ON.. it would spelled like this   AAAHnN  I might have to start pronouncing it like this  AAWN  see my point?

I have the same problem. Kinect doesnt respond to any voice commands. Under power options for the instant on mode the only boxes I have underneath are automatically download updates and resume games quickly (beta).

Just read Xbox one doesnt have voice commands in Ireland. Great.

There is no way to turn on voice commands in Ireland? I guess I might understand if you had to seperately enable then to sorta "agree that it might not understand your accent". I've heard it's the same for New Zealand and possibly Australia?

Can any fe. germans confirm whether they have english voice commands working?

I know, its ridiculous. To make things work i am actually English and moved here a couple of months ago haha. Should have left my xbox live location as UK.