How to get parental account off

When I set up my XBL account i put a email in for my account that was wrong and didn't realize it and now i am hooked up to a parental account that i have no idea whos it is and tried to send them a message but the account has been shut off can i really do anything about it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

turns out after two weeks of waiting a long time and five years with that account i have worked on it trying to recover the account has been quote on quote "exhausted i am *** pissed

[quote user="BongKaos"]

Also remember, someone has to purchase the game in question before it's played. 

[/quote]

Yep that is correct. In his case as it is with most children it is the parent whom buys the game, which is not illegal mind you. It isn't even illegal for a child to play an m rated title in most parts of the globe. Again it falls to each parent to decide what their child(ren) can and can not play/view, not us.

Thank You MR. BOT.....  May I remind you of the Original post.  He knows not who the account belongs too....... Yet has permission for some games.. As you pointed out.  May I ask why this is not in the support area where the account can be viewed.....  Also remember, someone has to purchase the game in question before it's played.  Bypassing the parental lock is not a decent idea IMO.  Change your email to the correct one may help.....  GOOD LUCK!!!

thanks for the info

[quote user="BongKaos"]

May I ask how games like Call of Duty are being played?????  I think that maybe a mature title.......

[/quote]

Because Parental Settings can allow/disallow what games/content the child account can/can not play/view. In short it is because Mom/Dad said he could play those games. It is not our decision to make either. Also remember that 99% of all these children playing the adult rated games are just playing them online, in which case there is no rating, leaving it open to anyone of any age to play. I would have thought an Ambassador/Adult would already know this stuff. Especially if one has been gaming for more than a few months...

I actually had this same exact problem. I contacted Support at around 9pm EST (I live in Ohio) on Thursday night, and they told me 24-72 hours. so far, it has been 27 hours, no response. Last time I had a problem it took them almost 4 days to solve. It is ridiculous actually. All they do is send your request to their Advocacy Team, which takes care of the issue...Very...Very..Very slowly.

what do you mean?

May I ask how games like Call of Duty are being played?????  I think that maybe a mature title.......

Phone support cannot remove the email or reset the password, by all means call them, but don't expect a quick and easy answer.  You will most likely need to fill out a questionnaire in order to change the parental password which will not only take up to 24 hours but also not resolve your issue.  Once you get the response from the questionnaire, you will need to call support back to have them escalate the issue, which will take 5 more days.  Good luck, and P.S. you will want to remember the parental password when you turn 18, because you will need that info to promote the account.

Actually, a parental email cannot be removed until you are 18.