How to fix extremely slow bandwidth?

Long story short, BattleField Hardline (digital) was only 53% complete after 12 hours of installing. Some time later, I accidently canceled it (meant to hit pause) and in 1hr 30m it's zoomed up to 9%. Yay. Going over to bandwidth usage shows that I have a DL speed of about 5.5mb/s.

How do I increase this? Downloads that take me two hours take my friends 30m. I've tried almost everything.

Help is appreciated, thanks.

(Sorry if in the wrong forums)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

If you have a slow bandwidth to start with there's nothing much you can do besides getting a higher (more expensive) internet package.

Could you visit this link on your pc/tablet and check what your download rate is ?

http://www.speedtest.net/

If via that link it's still around 5.5 the only option to increase downloadspeed is to get better internet. (speedtest.net shows speeds in Megabit instead of megabyte so divide the number you get by 8 to get megabytes/second so for 5.5 you'll get around 44megabit/s) If however that link gives a higher rating then you might want to do some network troubleshooting.

You can find some more info on download times here support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try Resetting your Modem/Router

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.