How to delink a gamertag from a Windows Live ID?

Here's the problem. This Gamertag i'm using right now is linked to my old Windows Live ID and I want to change that. However, my primary Windows Live ID is already connected to a different Gamertag. Whenever I try to change Windows Live IDs on my Xbox, a message will show that states how my primary is already linked to a Gamertag. So, I am going to have to somehow delink the Gamertag on my primary so I can switch Windows Live IDs with my old one on this Gamertag. With that said, I cant seem to find a button or command to delink. the Gamertag on my primary. After giving up on looking, I'm turning to you, the fine people of the Xbox forums. Please help me out with this. Its pissing me off to an unholy extent. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can not "delink" a gamertag from a WLID, you can only move it to another unused WLID. http://support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id.aspx

If you want to use the same WLID that another account is already using, you will need to change the WLID of the second account to something else first.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.