How to connect a XBox 1 (not XBox 360) to a LCD screen ?

Hi all,
I would like to connect my xbox (1, not 360) to an LCD monitor. The output connector of the xbox owns to Microsoft and I end up with RCA cables (red, white and yellow) that I plugged in on a scart adapter! I would like to plug it on a computer screen where there is  VGA , DVI-D, HDMI imput and stereo audio. I contacted an internet site  that proposed me a "Mc Gyver" solution : when I plugged the cables rca to scart adapter, I plugged it to a female/female scart adapter, then I plugged a scart / vga adapter connected to the screen. However a few days later I saw on amazon an vga/rca adapter so I ordered it but unfortunately, nothing works. When I plug it and I try to change the input options in my screen (hdmi, dvi, sub-d) it never finds a signal. Do you have any ideas why does it not work? I will check tomorrow evening if troubles come from my XBox but I do not see why because it worked fine a month ago. Do you think we could find a another system (eg using a dvi adapter, hdmi scart or even if, unless I am mistaken, the console sends via RCA analog signal non hd?)?

Thank you very much for your help

Patrick

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

The best output you can get from Xbox 1 is 480P over Component cable, those component cables are very cheap on eBay and give the best output for Xbox 1, make sure to change the output settings from the Xbox dashboard when you connect it via Component cable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Bluenote, thank you for your answer and sorry for my late response.

Unfortunately, I think I have a PAL Version of Xbox, I'm french. I saw on different sites that the  X2VGA adaptor work very fine but only with a NTSC Xbox..

Would you have an other idea to solves my problem?

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have an NTSC console the X2VGA adaptor will work.  You might have trouble finding one though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you a using a PAL or NTSC console as you can get VGA adaptors on the latter of the two.

Sorry this didn't help.