How to check Auto renewal?

How exactly does one check if their Xbox Live GOLD Auto-Renewal is off or on?

I can't for the life of me find it now.

I followed the other thread about turning off renewal, and that seems to work, but I can't find any page that can simply tell me (verify) if it is actually set to on or off. Any help?

Also on a side note, is it possible to remove the only credit card I have listed from my payment options?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you followed the steps to turn off auto renewal then you should be good.  However, if you want to be sure the best bet is to call phone support.  That way you'll be given a reference number in case there is an issue in the future.

As for the credit card, it cannot be removed until you revert back to Silver.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay (about renewal). I'm assuming I should be fine then.

(About the credit card)

If I let it revert back to Silver, and remove my credit card, I should still be able to become Gold again (via redeem code) no problem?

And the credit card should still be gone?

And my Gold Tenure should also be unaffected one back to Gold, yes?

Sorry this didn't help.

To check your renewal status from the console, go to Settings --> Account --> Xbox LIVE Gold

To check your renewal status from the website, go to www.xbox.com/account, and look under Subscriptions.  If your renewal is off, it will say "Expires on DD/MM/YYYY", otherwise it will display the date it "Renews" on instead.

-

If you let the account revert to Free (Silver), you should still be able to go back to Gold any time you choose to, via redeem code or credit card, no problem.

-

You'll need to wait for your Gold to expire before you can remove the credit card, but once it's removed, it will stay off the account until you add it back in all over again.  There is no way to simply restore the credit card from the previous records once you opt to remove it, so it will be like you're adding a new credit card to the account for the first time again.

-

Your Gold tenure is based on how much time your account has ever been on Gold, so you can take breaks in between without resetting your Gold tenure.  The number it shows for tenure is based on how many complete years you've been on Gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah. That's very clear. Thank you very much (both Klokkwork & Onyx62is).

Sorry this didn't help.