I have an XBox Live account with a gamertag. My son has an offline profile with lots of accumulated game scores. He wants to have his own gamertag. Of course, he wants his offline profile to be associated with it so he can retain his game scores.
Here are my requirements:
1. I want him to be able to retain the game scores from his offline profile.
2. Because he is a child, I do not want him to have his own Windows Live ID.
3. I want his gamertag to be a gamertag for a child, with my gamertag as its "parent."
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to accomplish this.
This is what I tried:
* I created a new child gamertag via the XBox website. However, I can't find a way to associate his offline profile with it.
* Using the XBox, I tried to create a new gamertag using his offline profile (using the "Join XBox Live" menu option). It prompted me for an e-mail address and password. When I put in my Windows Live e-mail credentials (the ones my gamertag is associated with), it complains that another gamertag is already associated with them. If I put in the e-mail credentials for the child gamertag I created above, it complains that another gamertag is already associated with them.
I realize I can "retrieve gamertag" on the XBox to associate the new child gamertag with our XBox, but big whoop. The key here is retaining his game scores.
How do I accomplish what I'm trying to do?