How MW3 Incorporates your Opinion

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling says keeping Modern Warfare 3's wide array of fans happy is a big creative challenge. 

In an interview with Eurogamer, the developer's creative strategist talked about how the company is listening to feedback from the Call of Duty's vast fan-base. 

"I want to make sure our fans are informed and know what Modern Warfare is so they can give us informed feedback. So that was the biggest challenge with it - making sure we start the conversation about Modern Warfare 3 so we can have an honest conversation with our fans of what to expect so you can tell us what you want more of." 

Read our Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Demo Impressions

But, he says that misinformation and unhelpful speculation can sometimes be a source of frustration. 

"User feedback is extremely valuable in the development of our games, so when a user is giving uninformed feedback and they see something out of context...they might be asking about something that's not even true." 

Not surprisingly, there is a wide variety of opinion on offer. He explained, "It's challenging because you have 30 million people who have a wide spectrum of tastes and definitions of what fun is. That is the challenge of developing a Call of Duty, and it's a unique challenge and not one a lot of developers have -- to have such a wide and varied user-base. 

"Part of the challenge of taking all that feedback and putting it into the filter of, 'OK, where does this person come from? Is he a hardcore competitive player? Is he a casual just-for-fun player? Is he Objective-only? Is he somewhere in-between?'. Then putting it through the filter of your core design philosophy of, 'We know the game we want to make. How can we incorporate this feedback to enhance that experience we're looking for?'" 

Article: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1183678p1.html

You reckon this will have a positive or negative effect on the game's multiplayer?  I don't see why they didn't do a public beta for the game, that way it will be less likely to be broken like MW2 and they can get opinions before the games release.

Also MW3 Hardened Edition image that Robert Bowling posted on his Twitter: http://yfrog.com/kgfgmiuj

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

He was featured on this weeks Gamespot UK's Podcast where he spoke for over an hour about MW3 and how fans feedback was blah blah blah

They say they listen to feedback yet just look at the online issues with modders and hackers from MW2 backwards and you can see just how broken their connection with gamers are. Their online is a carbon copy each and ever time, with a few new weapons and gimmicks all chucked in that other games have used, Theatre mode from Halo for example. Its a cash cow now, you put CoD on something, anything and its going to sell.

The fact is, COD online since MW2 is nothing more then simplistic, quick rewarding, arcade action. Thats all it is, takes no real brain power to rank up and really all it takes is time to do it. This is why most shooter fans are heading more and more towards objective style FPS online like Battlefield, going pew pew bang bang is becoming samey so people actually want to feel like they are accomplishing something. The joke Duty Calls perfectly somes up the average gamers view on Call of Duty currently. It has by far the worst online community outside of Fifa, it sells big because of its hype not substance, and will always be that way,. The very reason why MS got into bed with them so they can have all the DLC first etc...despite the franchise being the worst thing to hit LIVE in recent years.

Personally, I would love it if they took a break from releasing the same online every year, took time to fix and make sure the online security of their games is as robust and solid as they can make it, nothing is 100% bulletproof but the way inwhich people get into the games is shocking modding wise. and just make a game of real substance...like COD4 had before they lost sight of quality. 

Real gamers are starting to see what CoD has become and are rightfully saying enough is enough, if you like the games fair enough, but dont oversell which is essentially the same online game every year since MW2 (yes the same can be said for Fifa and the same logic applies to that series)

Over-powered/ used weapons in IW games (my opinion) (COD4 = M16 ... MW2 = UMP)

Hit dectection should be massively improved. I don't want a sniper to "no scope" across the map just to see the bullet hit the floor infront of them just to get the enemy across the map.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

Over-powered/ used weapons in IW games (my opinion) (COD4 = M16 ... MW2 = UMP)

Hit dectection should be massively improved. I don't want a sniper to "no scope" across the map just to see the bullet hit the floor infront of them just to get the enemy across the map.

[/quote]

thats because some genius in the coding decided that the player models and hitboxes should be seperate things and not joined. From what I've heard about the online code for COD games, your game reports the position of your player model to the host then the hosts machine has to move the hitboxes for you with it, the issue being if you move a big distance before your machine reports to the host or they recieve the info saying where you are you'r hitboxes have to move like a real player to catch up with you on the hosts machine so your hitboxes could be running 1/2 was across the map to where you are.

I'm sorry but a lot of gamers like simplistic, quick rewarding, arcade action games. If gamers didn't want that, it wouldn't sell the millions it does. Sometimes I want to get a group together and have some fun, which is why COD sells well.

[quote user="Rare Defect"]

I'm sorry but a lot of gamers like simplistic, quick rewarding, arcade action games. If gamers didn't want that, it wouldn't sell the millions it does. Sometimes I want to get a group together and have some fun, which is why COD sells well.

[/quote]

60% of the population ( and rising thanks to chavs  ) would consider a perfect night, getting too drunk to stand puking somewhere hilarious then having intercourse with some random person they met 5 seconds ago normally in the toilets or another not very hidden place.

So yes lets give the people what they want all the time and *** trying to advance the human race lol lets tell all the scientists to give up because to be honest all the advancements in science do is let the human race be more base than ever.

If iw want to give the community what they want, dont make any games untill you pull your finger and sort your older games out.

EDIT what wrong with my pfofile i have no gamerpic or gamerscore :|

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="Rare Defect"]

[/quote]

60% of the population ( and rising thanks to chavs  ) would consider a perfect night, getting too drunk to stand puking somewhere hilarious then having intercourse with some random person they met 5 seconds ago normally in the toilets or another not very hidden place.

So yes lets give the people what they want all the time and *** trying to advance the human race lol lets tell all the scientists to give up because to be honest all the advancements in science do is let the human race be more base than ever.

[/quote]

Since when did cod sells have an effect on the advancement of science??

As said some like the simplistic style of cod. Each to their own i say i mean they wouldnt sell millions if no1 liked it.

If cod tries to please all its fans then that would be a mistake in my eyes,

As the great Bill Cosby said you can only please some of the people some of the time.

COD had a great community back in the day, everything has sucked b@lls since COD4.

Unfortunately it only sells so many because of fanboys. I have been a big fanboy of COD up until now.

BF:3 is where it is going to be at this year.

bin cod and go on bf 3 :0

I think Im gonna put my copy of BLOPS on eBay this week. Only downside is I do like zombies now and again.

Although my brother does have a copy I could lend now and again I guess.