How Much Quieter is your Slim?

its amazing how much quieter the slims are compared to the old elites. i am playing some games i just downloaded off the market place but how quiet is the system even when you have a game in?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yea I noticed the same once I bought my slim. Defiantly a big plus for that.

i noticed though the slim does give off a little bit of heat and gets a little hot not much though on top of the vents when your laying the console flat. is this normal?

My old Halo 3 Edition 360 is pretty damned quiet, so I can't really say that my slim is much, if any quieter. Besides, my Halo LE sits farther away from where I play it than the slim in the bedroom does, and the Halo LE is connected to our home theater system, while the bedroom slim is just running off the TV speakers... So I even if the old Halo fatty is louder, I probably couldn't hear it anyway.

As for heat buildup when laying the slim down goes... Sorry, but I can't really comment there either, since the slim resides in a Calibur 11 Vault, which stands it up. The Vault also raises it up off the desk, so air flows better. That said, the slim does seem to run hotter than our Halo fatty.

its not really really hot but i definitely feel a little heat. should i be worried or its normal?

The system itself is much quieter but my DVD drive is quite a bit louder and seems to be lacking in quality. It's to the point where I will not even play a game without installing it to my hard drive first.

[quote user="Cdawgx7"]

its not really really hot but i definitely feel a little heat. should i be worried or its normal?

[/quote]

Now if this is just a little bit of heat, such that you can tell that there is a difference in the air around the console then that is normal, thats just the sign that your fans and heatsinks are pulling the air away from the components. 

Murder style- how come your dvd drive is loud? when did you get your slim? is the system much better with noise after you downloaded it to your HD?

Kaiser- yes its just a little bit of heat not much. if your a couple inches away from the vents you can tell thats it

I would assume that it just normal then, Just making sure that your not get an extreme mount of heat.

The exhaust temperature is about 20-40F greater on the 360 S vs a Jasper 360 - 95F vs 115-135F. The distance air travels inside the case is several inches in the original 360 vs half an inch in the 360 S, hence the hotter exhaust.

My Halo 3 360 has a VERY LOUD DVD drive. My Halo Reach 360 S does not. DVD drives vary quite a bit as there are many different vendors used in the consoles.

My S does get a lot hotter than my old launch. I also had an Arcade sku and the noise was basically the same after I installed the game. The S is only slightly more quiet imo.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!