How much infomation do you aquire for a game you want?

I don't read game mags and visit game websites apart from another forum im a member.

The only infomation I require is the name, a description of the game and maybe a video of the gameplay and thats it. I feel if I know too much about a game I will feel disappointment once I play it, so I limit the ammount of info I seek.

What about you people?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It depends which game, what mood I'm in etc... Some games, like Skyrim, I'm obsessively hunting down every scrap of info I can find, whereas with Sherlock Holmes, I knew next to nothing about it and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable games ever.

I tend to only get the games I really want and with all of those I try and read every little piece of info about the game, I'll also play the beta for it if there is one.

If a game is suggested to me I do the same thing most of the time, there have been very few cases where I've just bought it on a whim. Multiplayer can also dictate if I purchase a game or not, i.e I haven't brought an Assassin's Creed game since the 2nd one as I thought multiplayer on it was a bad idea.

IMO it should of been kept as a single player game, but hey that's just my opinion. :-)

Release date only. I refuse to read reviews, watch videos for fear of any of the storyline being ruined for me.

i go by if i like the look of the game and thats it , i dont play demos read mags or anything

Release date, price...content of Special Editions etc......that will do

If I want a game, I'll get it.  I don't care about prices and content.

And I get it cheap thanks to my brother working in GAME. 

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[/quote]exactly im capable of making my mind up about a game

[quote user="Flaming Pingu"]

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[/quote]exactly im capable of making my mind up about a game

[/quote]

Yep.  I might watch a video or two and read an article but I won't lap everything the developer says like some people do.

This way, I'm not disappointed when the game doesn't live up to the hype.  I also don't like knowing every little thing about the game before I've played it. 

in future i will do so. bf3 slightly ruined imo.

I need to know what the predicted score of the game is, the hype and the oppinions of the members on System Wars!